Posted Date: Oct 22, 2020
Position Title: Executive Sous Chef (Entry level - Traveling - Senior Living)
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Morrison Living, a member of Compass Group®, is the nation's only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition & wellness, EVS and hospitality services to the senior living industry. Morrison has over 350 registered dietitians, 250 executive chefs, 400 hospitality associates and 7,000 professional food service team members. Actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service, the Atlanta-based company serves more than 450 senior living clients in 42 states, including some of the largest and most prominent senior living communities in the United States.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search' in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.Job Summary
This is an ENTRY LEVEL Executive Sous Chef role. The hired individual will travel extensively and be responsible for supporting the Executive Chefs in overseeing kitchen operations in multiple facilities while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
- Assists Executive Chef to assure compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe, safety, production, and merchandising requirements
- Motivates, trains, develops and directs the back of house employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and sectors
- Ensures that high quality food items are creatively prepared and presented in a cost effective manner
- Assists in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation
- Supports the management of cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Willingness to travel from 50-100%
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts with additional specialized training
- 1-3 years of relevant culinary experience, preferably in Senior Living or Healthcare markets
- Mastery of a wide variety of kitchen positions and stations
- Ability to think on their feet, as well as create, produce, and serve on the fly
- Knowledge of food cost and how it pertains to a kitchen, product and quality identification
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills
- Applied food service sanitation certification, SERVSAFE, and/or HACCP federal guideline certification
- Demonstrated understanding of current culinary market/trends and creative food presentation preferred
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 430629
MARK A SWINNERTON
Apply on company website