DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
Department: Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
The Supv Apheresis RN performs direct patient care with the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on nursing process and outcomes for patients. The RN is responsible for the delivery and management of patient care, education of the patient and family, providing/coordinating psychosocial/emotional support during the cellular therapy collection process. Where applicable, the Supv Apheresis RN will provide similar responsibilities for patients undergoing photopheresis and therapeutic procedures.
1. Collaborates with Apheresis Medical Director in Apheresis Program Development including policy & procedure development, process, supply, and equipment validation, and establishing collection center model.
2. Implements evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes
3. Complies with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards
4. Applies principles of oncology nursing. Provides emotional, spiritual, religious and cultural support to patients and their significant others
5. Utilizes a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care
6. Provides care to patients/donors undergoing cellular therapy collections or therapeutic apheresis procedures
7. Provides care to patients being treated for graft versus host disease (GVHD) utilizing photopheresis procedure
8. Assesses patients/donors prior to, during, and following the procedure
9. Ensures patients/donors and their caregivers are educated on the procedure being performed with emphasis on reporting signs or symptoms of reactions related to the procedure
10. Provides appropriate post-collection/post- procedure instructions
11. Ability to manage multiple different central venous catheters
12. Proficiency in placing and managing peripheral lines
13. Reviews laboratory data and reports significant findings to the provider
14. Monitors patients/donors for complications throughout the procedure
15. Responsible for ensuring medical information is documented in the EMR
16. Documents the procedures in StafaCT
17. Adheres to regulatory agency requirements as it pertains to the cell collection process
18. Collaborates with the provider to ensure appropriate follow-up of patients undergoing photopheresis and/or therapeutic procedures
19. Provides education, emotional support and age specific care to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others
20. Routinely communicates with the cellular therapy lab to ensure adequate management of cellular therapy products
21. Maintains, tracks, and assures adequate storage of all equipment, reagents and supplies
22. Responsible for training of all new staff, ensuring initial and annual competency
23. Directs and supervises daily activities of apheresis staff, serves as an expert resource and contributes feedback for apheresis staff annual reviews
24. Conducts routine audits within the department
25. Serves as a liaison between apheresis and laboratory staff
26. Collaborates with the program Quality Coordinator to ensure FACT, FDA, and other applicable regulations are in compliance
27. Development and annual review of all policies pertaining to apheresis and product transport
28. Participates in the weekly patient intake meeting and the quality management committee
29. Understands the complexity of diseases as it relates to performing collections, photopheresis and/or therapeutic apheresis procedures
30. Maintains and promotes professional standards and development by participating with in-services, committees, staff meetings, and performance improvement activities
31. Ability to multitask patient care and priorities of care
32. Prior experience with cell collection, therapeutic procedures, dialysis, and/ or photopheresis
33. Capability of accessing peripheral venous access and multiple different central venous catheters
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Apheresis RN Supervisor to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 408-bed teaching facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children's Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement: MountainView Hospital is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associates degree required
Bachelors degree preferred
Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Nevada
Basic Life Support (BLS)
3+ years experience required
Bone marrow Transplant Certified Nurse (BMT-CN) or Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website