When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase. Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We're here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we're at it, we're determined to change the lending industry itself. It's simple, but it won't be easy. And we'll need a great team behind us. (That's where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren't just good values. They're good business. Working here isn't for people who want to punch a clock. It's for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Job Description Summary:
- Audits loan to ensure files are ready for closing.
- Generates closing documents and sends to settlement agent for signing.
- Reviews loan documents on closed loans to ensure proper execution.
- Balances with title and initiates funding wire.
- Reviews title ledger after disbursement and complete the Post Consummation Closing Disclosure.
- Review loan documents for pricing and verify Credit File and Closing Documents for accuracy and completion
- Review title requirements for state specific deed/mortgage attachments and /or state mortgage tax requirements; Verify original Deed of Trust/Mortgage is complete with applicable attachments for recording purposes
- Help train new/ inexperienced funders on file flow and system efficiency
- Verify all liens of record will be eliminated or paid off for proper lien position
- Responsible for drawing and sending accurate Closing Documents to the Settlement Agent for closing
- Verify underwriting and funding conditions are signed off on underwriting approval prior to funding loan
- Check documents to ensure they are complete, accurate and signature requirements are met
- Verify demands are current and figures are accurately reflected on the Closing Disclosure
- Ensures loans meet department policies and procedures for funded loans in accordance with Investor/ Program guidelines, State and Federal rules and regulations
- Check Closing Disclosure to ensure maximum cash back and cash to close are within Program Guidelines
- Check all liens and pull demands for payment on title
- Ensure the Title Package, including Funding Figures/ Demands/ Security Instruments/ Shortage Checks are sent to title, and title is ready for the funding wire
- Confirm loan information in the company system is accurate and initiate computerized loan funding process
- Obtains title disbursement ledger after funding/disbursement, balances system, and issues Post Consummation Closing Disclosure
- Initiates loan boarding into servicing system
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- 2+ years' experience or closing government and agency mortgage loans
Job Requisition ID:009447
Primary Location City:Santa Ana
Primary Location Region:California
Primary Location Postal Code:92705
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Originations - Irvine
Additional Posting Location(s):
Visit our Media Room to learn more about Mr. Cooper, the largest non-bank mortgage servicer.
For further information or to apply online click ”Apply” below
Apply on company website