When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase. Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We're here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we're at it, we're determined to change the lending industry itself. It's simple, but it won't be easy. And we'll need a great team behind us. (That's where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren't just good values. They're good business. Working here isn't for people who want to punch a clock. It's for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Investor Services Analyst is responsible for the monthly reconciling of assigned Clearing Custodial bank accounts. This includes functions related to loan acquisitions, service releases, corporate and P&I Advance analysis, modifications, liquidations, sub servicer billing, as well as timely and accurate completion of assigned special projects. In addition, the ideal candidate will be able to effectively identify, recommend, and execute process improvement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Timely and accurately reconcile assigned bank accounts.
- Perform detailed loan level analysis of loan exceptions, using Excel and various workflow and servicing systems
- Clear reconciling items within 60-90 days of appearance, based on investor guidelines
- Prepare and submit of account balance adjustments, cash wires and GL entries, as needed.
- Run Access and/or SQL queries and perform complex Excel functions to analyze data.
- Research and analyze cash/non-cash transactions for outages in custodial accounts, GLs, and other applicable sources of record.
- Strictly adheres to the Investor Servicing Agreements, Regulation AB, USAP and other guidelines for timely and accurate reporting, remitting, and reconciling.
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues related to aged items. Provide recommendations to resolve within Investor Accounting or Investor Reporting and for those up-stream processes that negatively impact Bank Recons.
- Create and present reports and provide timely updates for projects and routine tasks.
- Continuously review processes and procedures and recommend new ones to management and other departments within the company to improve productivity and quality.
- Assists with training on processes to staff
- Updates Policies and procedures as required
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel
- LSAMS, SQL, and Microsoft Access a plus
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate effectively with management, internal and external customers
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, be highly organized, and work independently
- 3 years Mortgage Banking experience in Investor Reporting or Custodial Bank Reconciliations is preferred; Excel knowledge is a plus; Knowledge of bank reconciliation process for test of expected cash, pool to security balancing, and clearing account balancing a plus.
- College Degree with credit hours in Accounting or a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred.
- Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work experience reconciling Clearing accounts(Freddie Mac, FNMA, and Private) is ideal and preferred
- Excel knowledge or Reconciliation required
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:013645
Primary Location City:Dallas
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:75019
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Servicing
Additional Posting Location(s):
Apply on company website