When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase. Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We're here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we're at it, we're determined to change the lending industry itself. It's simple, but it won't be easy. And we'll need a great team behind us. (That's where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren't just good values. They're good business. Working here isn't for people who want to punch a clock. It's for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Location: Fully remote
(Office available in Dallas, TX)
Responsible for evaluating risk, layering of risk, program guideline accuracy, collateral review and making appropriate loan decisions based on established underwriting guidelines, information and documentation provided in highly complex loan files. Manage assigned pipeline to ensure all procedures are applied accurately and processes are completed in a timely manner. Serve as subject matter expert within the team. Work under immediate supervision and report to Manager, Director or VP of department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to general work requirements
- Perform 2nd level underwriting and escalation reviews
- Act as team lead by stepping in during staff absences and ensuring efficiency and adherence to service standards within managed pipeline
- Serve as lending program guideline subject matter expert relative to current offered loan products
- Review highly complex applications for completeness and update data in LOS to ensure data integrity
- Work with internal and external partners to clear conditions in a timely manner
- Analyze and review documentation in file to verify accuracy of application and support underwriting decision
- Calculate income based on tax returns and/or other income documents in file
- Review and confirm assets in file
- Review and analyze appraisals, preliminary title work and purchase contracts
- Make highly complex loan decisions based on the overall worthiness of the borrower, layering of risk and all program requirements and issue loan approvals, suspensions, counter offers or denials
- Identify quality concerns and red flags and validate accuracy of associated risk to the borrower or property/collateral profile
- Communicate decisions (written and verbal) to all parties (specifically brokers and sales partners as appropriate) and build relationships with both internal and external partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Core Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of mortgage banking underwriting experience
- FHA DE Designation • VA LAPP SAR designations
- Previous experience working with AUS and LOS Systems
- Previous experience with manual underwriting (downgrades)
- Familiarity with appraisal vendors and Interthinx type tools
Job Requisition ID:008157
Primary Location City:No City
Primary Location Region:California
Primary Location Postal Code:90210
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Originations - Dallas
Additional Posting Location(s):
Visit our Media Room to learn more about Mr. Cooper, the largest non-bank mortgage servicer.
For further information or to apply online click ”Apply” below
Apply on company website