Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 6277
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Phoenix, AZ
State or Province : Arizona (US-AZ)
Potential Work Location : United States : Arizona : Phoenix
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Business Team Leader (BTL) is responsible for leading a team of professional sales associates covering multiple sales channels in a defined geographical area. Each sales channel is responsible for achieving profitable revenue growth from a pre-assigned account portfolio. In addition, they are responsible to support the Business Development team in acquiring new customers. The BTL has a management span of control of 9-12 associates, Key Account Sales Consultants managing emerging mid-market to enterprise accounts, Account Executives/Representatives managing government accounts, and Account Executives/Representatives managing and expanding a vendor managed inventory program for lower cost, higher quantity consumable maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) items.
The position is responsible for an annual revenue base of approximately $23 million.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads team to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Develops strategic sales growth plans in conjunction with the Regional Manager/Director.
- Translates MSC's strategy into actionable plans. Holds team accountable to follow the sales process and coverage model plan.
- Provides dedicated coaching on a regular basis to ensure continued development of each team member.
- Attracts, recruits, develops and retains high performing associates to ensure the business unit exceeds company goals.
- Establishes clear and concise development programs for all associates to help them achieve their professional goals.
- Anticipates business changes and implements additional incremental growth programs as needed to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Leads by example in a fluid business climate while adapting quickly to new challenges and communicates effectively across all team members.
- Proactively maintains working relationship with cross functional managers and associates in their local geography to align resources to meet customer needs.
- Effectively balances MSC's best interest in terms and conditions against customer requirements. Communicates financial performance expectations and shortfalls across leadership teams. Takes initiative to renegotiate agreements with underperforming customers.
- Consults with MSC sales leadership and Human Resources Business Partner to hold associates accountable to meet or surpass performance expectations.
- Drives the MSC Culture in their local geography and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission and overall Associate engagement.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience.
- Two years of sales experience negotiating agreements preferred.
- Two years of demonstrated progressive growth in job competencies (below) and responsibilities.
- Proven track record of successfully leading high performing teams to exceed sales targets.
- Minimum two years of experience in leading multi-channel sales teams with successful sales history selling to Emerging Mid-Market to Very Large customers.
- Proven Leadership change agent. Quickly adapts and leads others thru changes in business environment.
- Proven sales coach. Ability to assess selling strengths and weaknesses and coach to the critical skills following MSC's coaching methodology.
- Proven Sales Management: Ability to manage team to achieve operational rigor around documented sales process and pipeline development processes.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Develops Talent
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Directs Work
- Manages Conflict
- Situational Adaptability
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required. Leads by example through proven ability to demonstrate required selling behaviors.
- Experience developing individual contributors and future leaders.
- Thrives in a competitive leadership role. Proven pattern of success in past accomplishments.
- Leadership style rewards success and holds associates accountable for performance.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office required. Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Solid finance and business acumen with experience preparing financial based business proposals is required.
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally in large organizations and removing barriers is a must.
- Demonstrated people acumen and experience developing associates is preferred.
- Strong strategic acumen with experience aligning teams to organizational strategy is preferred.
A valid driver's license and the ability to travel extensively is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website