Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 7014
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Customer Care / Contact Centre
Work Location : Southfield, MI
State or Province : Michigan (US-MI)
Potential Work Location : United States : Indiana : Elkhart || United States : Michigan : Southfield || United States : Nevada : Reno
***available in RENO, ELKHART, and SOUTHFIELD*** BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Commercial Sales Support Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of associates who provide an effortless, expedient support and resolution channel to our internal and external customers. The Supervisor ensures that the processes used to handle the support transactions to minimize the customer involvement in the resolution process and create customer satisfaction and confidence.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors interaction performance of team members to ensure customer service is in line with MSC standards.
- Coaches associates to acceptable or higher levels of performance according to current performance standards while following the Customer Care Strategy.
- Utilizes processes to handle the support transactions that are designed to minimize the customer involvement in the resolution process and create great customer satisfaction and confidence in MSC's ability to support our customer's needs.
- Maintains the management of Customer Care operations to ensure the achievement of service level goals and KPI's.
- Runs and uses reports needed to manage associate and Customer Care performance.
- Develops and cultivates good customer relations. Respond to customer's needs, consistent with MSC standards, culture and business practices.
- Recommends improvements to Customer Care processes to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Focuses efforts towards revenue generation, resolution and a proactive reduction of errors.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of an MSC supervisor as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of associates.
- Partners with Leadership and Human Resources as needed to address and resolve associate and performance issues.
- Mentors and trains new Customer Care associates to ensure exceptional customer service and resolution skills.
- Stays informed of process, procedure, and policy changes to appropriately communicate and hold the team accountable to current expectations.
- Utilizes all systems to manage associate productivity and performance.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of sales and customer service experience required.
- Minimum of one-year contact center experience as a leader required.
- Supervisory, motivational, team-building and leadership skills are required.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills are required.
- The ability to coach associates and peers is required.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish or French) desired.
- General knowledge of the industrial supply industry desired.
- Proficiency in business applications/software used in a contact center environment required.
- Proficiency in MSC's proprietary applications preferred.
- Demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all MSC's required competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Collaboration
- Develops Talent
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website