Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Rehab department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Provide patient care as established in the plan of care under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist. Assist with making patient schedules, providing patient education, and supervision of the rehab aide.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides patient care, under the direction of a Occupational Therapist, for patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, with consideration given to patients age and development.
- Informs Occupational Therapist of changes in the patient's status, progress or lack of progress toward anticipated goals and expected outcomes, and the need for reevaluation and/or revision of plan of care when indicated.
- Documents treatments, charges, and discharge summaries in a manner which supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred, in a concise and timely manner.
- Supervises the daily activities of the rehab aide assisting in the provision of patient care to facilitate desired changes in patient function toward stated goals.
- Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, PT's and SLP's optimize customer service and care.
Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Membership in TOTA, preferred.
- Prefer one or more years of experience in Occupational Therapy Setting: Acute, Inpatient Rehab, Pediatrics, Outpatient as appropriate.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Licensed Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant by the Texas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Rehabilitation Center
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Rehabilitation Center is a freestanding facility that offers a safe and comfortable environment for patients to receive the highest quality of inpatient rehabilitation services with a patient-centered approach. This 42–bed state-of-the-art facility is specifically designed to help patients recover as quickly and safely as possible following a traumatic injury, surgery or other disabling medical condition or injury. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Rehabilitation Center under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website