Responsible for direct screening and recruitment of potential students for enrollment in Job Corps, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information on each one.
- Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
- Maintain monthly goals established by the PRH and management.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Arrange for and assist in providing pre‑enrollment orientation; schedule tours of the center.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach.
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student recruitment.
- Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
- Introduce labor market information to help with the career transition period process and analyze career paths in local labor market.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate's degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website