Responsible for monitoring Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) outcomes for those students identified as needing additional support in the academic areas of study, facilitating tutoring for all students in a variety of subject areas, and supervision of student government in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Reviews active reports along with management to determine the need for additional support in the academic areas.
2. Prepares lesson plans and structured activities for tutoring and evening study activities.
3. Ensures that all materials needed for the evening study program are ordered and available for student use.
4. Makes recommendations for new and innovative programming that will enhance the evening study program.
5. Maintains correspondence with academic and career and technical training instructors as to the progress of students in the evening study program.
6. Issues assignments in a variety of academic disciplines to ensure proficiency in every area.
7. Prepares interactive lessons and activities to encourage group thinking and problem solving.
8. Prepares and provides homework and assignments for all students who attend tutoring or evening study programs.
9. Ensures interaction with career and technical instructors to infuse the implied academic theory.
10. Supervises Student Government Association (SGA), which includes maintaining communication with administration; scheduling and supervising meetings and guiding development of skills in student government.
11. Supervises student union snack bar operators and overall operation of student union snack bar.
12. Ensures student union snack bar meets all state and local health regulations and safety requirements.
13. Coordinates all SGA functions, including administration of the student welfare fund, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
14. Chaperones student government functions.
15. Coordinates voting activities.
16. Ensures all pertinent student records and data are kept in detail, are accurate and up-to-date.
17. Conducts group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities and student leadership training.
18. Conducts training for all newly elected SGA officers.
19. Conducts advanced leadership training.
20. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
21. Participates in student employability programs and activities.
Other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Bachelor's with 1 year working with youth. Valid driver's license required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website