If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Visit our websites to learn more about the program and MTC:
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits such as:
- $21.50 per hour
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time, and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- 401(k) with company match
Reports to the wellness manager. Performs duties concerned with the prevention of illness and promotion of good health, in compliance with government and management directives.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions as authorized per healthcare guidelines.
- Conduct cursory medical exams during students first 48 hours on center.
- Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment, and provide follow up care, as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medication and drugs.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
- Monitor students on bed rest in health and wellness center.
- Enter required information in student health records and maintain in an organized manner.
- Conduct designated health services special programs as assigned.
- Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Valid Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of employment.
- One year practical nursing experience required.
- Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website