Corrections healthcare is a profession and a career. MTC Medical employs several hundred physicians, dentists, nurses, mental health providers, and other healthcare professionals who provide exceptional care to offenders. Since 2005, MTC Medical has provided quality medical, dental and mental-health services to men and women in our care. It's made a big difference in the lives of those individuals who are working hard to turn over a new leaf
Reports to the Director of Nursing but will receive instruction and direction from nursing and licensed provider staff. Medical Assistants perform technical duties in the field of patient care and participate in the general healthcare of patients by providing assistance for activities permitted in the state of Ohio.
- Assists in coordinating movement of inmate/patients to and from areas for medical treatment.
- Take and record vital signs and medical history of assigned patients.
- Prepare patients for examinations and assist nurse or provider during examinations.
- Perform basic laboratory tests after verification of competency.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients; provide education on condition, treatment or treatment plan.
- Properly chart medical care consistent with scope of practice and ensure completeness and accuracy of entries.
- Administer oral medications, intramuscular and subcutaneous injections under the directive of a licensed provider.
- Assist with medication and/or sharps count when necessary.
- Conduct peripheral venipuncture (phlebotomy) to collect blood samples, if necessary.
- Reliably and repetitively identify inmates by visual means and verification of inmate identification numbers.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent and most possess CPR certification. Current Medical Assistant Certification or registry from an accredited medical assistant program recognized by the state of Ohio and CPR certification is also required. Current registration or certification must be kept on file with administrative staff at facility. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required.
Post Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements: Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
MTC Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website