Reports administratively to the health services administrator and director of nursing. Responsible for providing personal and nursing care to offender population in compliance with MTC Medical and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) directives.
1. Support doctors and nurses in diagnostic procedures and technical treatments.
2. Observe and report on patient condition.
3. Chart patient care.
4. Take and record vital signs, collect and label specimens.
5. Collect information from files or staff for routine office or periodic reports.
6. Perform computer input and output operations.
7. Sterilize equipment.
8. Apply and change compresses and non-sterile dressings.
9. Check and replenish medical supplies.
10. Assist in controlling aggressive or disruptive behavior.
11. Administer prescribed medication and simple treatments and teach patient self-care.
12. Assist with preparation for audits by the Joint Commission, FBOP and the American Correctional Association.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties within his/her scope of work as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year related experience. Computer knowledge preferred. United States citizenship required. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website