1. Ensure the physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks and emergency equipment. Maintain patrol log of findings and corrective action taken.
2. Perform administrative functions such as entering and maintaining daily logs, incident reports and conducting investigations as directed.
3. Assure accountability (protocol) of student check-in and out (to and from center grounds).
4. Perform parking and traffic control duties; check identification of personnel and students seeking entrance to or exit from grounds and permit or deny entrance or exit according to established policies and procedures.
5. Perform routine vehicle equipment inspections, including lights, brakes, mirrors, steering and other required operating equipment. Recommend mechanical repairs as needed.
6. Assist in transporting ill or injured students and staff as required.
7. Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires and reset fire alarm equipment.
8. Set up and check operation of intrusion alarm systems in buildings as required.
9. Assist staff and law enforcement personnel in controlling disturbances. Conduct preliminary investigation of crimes.
10. Provide proactive conflict resolution with students and refer students to counseling and other actions as necessary.
11. Conduct initial investigation of incidents and provide timely documentation of such.
12. Assist center staff in conducting required health and safety inspections & searches.
13. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
14. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
15. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
16. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
17. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
18. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
19. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent. One year's security experience or completion of security training program preferred. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website