Reports to the facility administrator. Responsible for coordinating staff pre-service training and implementing the annual in-service training plan for the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
Primary Essential Functions:
- Plan and develop compliance programs to comply with the Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular reviews and inspections to ensure facility operations and programs are compliant with all applicable laws and agency policy.
- Assist in monitoring, reviewing, interpreting, and evaluating services; assist in compiling and analyzing data and preparing reports; and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare, edit, and distribute correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents; prepare, interpret, and disseminate information concerning agency programs and procedures; and develop, coordinate, and maintain record keeping and filing systems.
- Develop and maintain an accountability system for the submittal of required audit documents.
Secondary Essential Functions:
- Plan, coordinate and conduct appropriate training for all staff as required by MTC and TCCO directives.
- Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of all certificates including preservice and in-service training records.
- Establish periodic and annual review of certification, accreditation and pre-service training programs.
- Ensure all staff received supplemental and specialized training to help them perform at high levels and provide effective programs and services to offenders. Professional educational staff complete training dedicated to the improvement of educational services.
- Implement training policies and procedures for facility compliance.
- Develop departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety procedures.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED. Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Two (2) years of correctional custody or related experience required. One (1) year of training or related experience preferred. Computer proficiency with in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent to include word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software programs required. Compliance and auditing experience preferred. Six (6) months' supervisory experience also preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete T4T (Training for Trainers) and required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website