The Retail Store Manager is responsible for running day-to-day sales and operations while meeting excellent customer service standards.
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
- Manage Sales team by coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation or any information needed in order to help and meet their sales objectives
- Stay current on financial data, inventory, and other statistics
- Be sure that all products in the store are available for purchase and displayed appropriately
- Oversee and manage payroll, recruiting, hiring and training of store employees
- Responsible for executing operational tasks related to institutional sales and rental services on a daily basis for all accounts assigned.
- Promote the Music & Arts lesson program and assist teachers
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to each and every customer
- Additional duties as assigned
About Music & Arts
Music & Arts embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The first Music & Arts was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by founder Benjamin O'Brien. When Music & Arts opened its doors in 1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers -- a decision that remains intact to this day.
Since the 1990's, Music & Arts has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music & Arts joined forces with American Music to become the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States. Based in Frederick, MD, Music & Arts is now part of the Guitar Center enterprise and comprises 225+ retail stores, 200+ educational representatives, and 250+ affiliate locations.
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- 3-5 years retail experience
- Musical experience and interest
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Music & Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐ related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website