The ideal candidate executes the overall account strategy for assigned accounts to generate and maximize business for the property. Sells and negotiates business and revenue for our property. Manages and coordinates catering and conference service activities, services, and client specifications to deliver smooth execution of executive meeting and tour group functions and events requiring food and beverage services. Manages group room blocks and coordinates the collection of attrition for groups with the Reservations and Accounting departments. Provide accurate group revenue and expense forecasts according to established guidelines. Communicate client specifications to appropriate operational departments and monitor implementation and execution of said expectations.
• Solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from volume prospects that meet criteria established in the property business plan.
• Employ revenue management techniques and strategies to recommend corporate rate proposals.
• Accurately prepare and present requests for proposals in order for both client and hotel receive a good value.
• Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, attending community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journals, etc.
• Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
• Negotiate and close contracts that meet the hotel's business plan objectives. Desired arrival, departure and volume patterns must be met.
• Manages and coordinates catering and conference service activities and client specifications to deliver smooth execution of executive meetings and events requiring space, food and beverage services.
• Manages room blocks and coordinates the collection of attrition for groups with the Reservations and Accounting departments.
• Develop and distribute communications relating to planning and execution of group functions, including, but not limited to group resumes, banquet event orders, and room sets according to established guidelines.
• Provides accurate group revenue and expense forecasts according to established guidelines.
• Manages and distributes function and event changes to operating departments during function execution.
• Monitors client specifications to promote smooth execution and client satisfaction.
• May be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
• All other duties as assigned or needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of increasing revenues, controlling costs, providing a return on investment while consistently delivering a high level of service.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
• Minimum two (2) years hotel/resort sales experience or the equivalent amount of industry experience; or, equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to drive to appointments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website