Westerville, OH • Part-time
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and live the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for an Activities Assistant to support our Active Adult and Assisted Living campus in Westerville, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a team of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
• Assists the Director of Life Enrichment in scheduling and developing life enrichment activities.
• Assists in recruiting, directing, and supervising all volunteers.
• Acts on behalf of the Director of Life Enrichment any time he/she is not in the facility.
• Leads activities on scheduled work days.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for residents, reports all complaints made by residents and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Completed high school education or equivalent.
Experience: One to two years of working with the elderly required.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: None required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website