This is a 10 hour per week position. This role requires previous Chaplain experience, and/or pastoral care to seniors. Must posses proven ability of implementing and developing religious support programs and coordinating volunteer programs that lead to faith enrichment. Also strong connections with the local and greater faith community is preferred. Networking expectations in the Hilliard, Dublin, and west side of Columbus.
The Pastor/Chaplain will take a leadership role in the following:
- Develop a comprehensive religious support program that provides residents opportunities to attend, in accordance with their faith tradition, on site worship services, observe sacraments and high holy days, recieve religious rites, and attend group bible studies.
- Participates in committees as directed by the corporate chaplain.
- Coordinates volunteers for in house religious activities in conjunction with the Life Enrichment Director.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation/review and appropriate problem solving methods.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for patients/clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Ordained minister or equivalent religious degree/experience.
Experience: Two to four years previous Chaplain experience, and/or pastoral care to seniors. Proven ability to develop volunteer programs. Also strong connections with the faith community.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: Ordained minister preferred.
Apply on company website