- Completes admission assessments and follows up on required admission paperwork.
- Consults with nursing staff regarding patient care issues, such as assessments, goal setting, problem identification, and interventions
- Formulates and reviews Care Plans and progress notes on a regular basis to evaluate progress and growth as well as problems in the nursing care delivery process
- Collaborates with the inter-disciplinary team to collect and document information necessary for the Minimum Data Set completion.
- Supervises nursing staff to include interviewing, new hire orientation, schedule coverage, performance evaluations, and corrective counseling
- Assists nursing staff in problem-solving regarding patient care issues and identifies the need for continuing educational offerings in the area of patient care.
- Handles any family/physicians/staff concerns while on duty and investigates all incidents on his/her unit
- Assists with resident care as needed, administers IVs, obtains blood samples and other professional nursing procedures
- Maintains professional atmosphere on his/her unit
- Attends monthly staff meetings and monthly Nursing In-servicing
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, and participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- When required, performs each task on the Job Description of Charge Nurses and Nursing Assistants in a timely, competent manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a vocational school of practical nursing
Experience: Must have training in restorative techniques as well as in the practical application
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Must have exceptional written, verbal, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Licensure: Current LPN license in Florida
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
Apply on company website