For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care at affordable prices for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need, such as permanent supportive housing for the formerly homeless.
• Drives company vehicles on scheduled and unscheduled local trips as assigned by the supervisor.
• Responsible for resident/client safety while transporting, follows, safe transportation practices including utilizing all safety equipment including seatbelts, wheelchair tie-downs, etc.
• Assists residents/clients when boarding and de-boarding, to ensure safety, assisting with packages, canes, walkers, wheelchairs, scooters and other assistive devices. May assist resident/client with managing walkways to and from the vehicle and the destination's door. Observes resident's/client's behavior.
• Follows all road laws, rules and regulations as it pertains to the area. Utilizes hands free adapter at all times when mobile devices are required.
• Performs vehicle pre-trip and post trip inspections. Reports incidents, safety hazards and maintenance requirements immediately to supervisor and follows-up to ensure corrective measures were taken. Ensures that vehicles are stocked and fueled. Maintains cleanliness of vehicles, both inside and out.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident/Client Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for residents/clients, reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility policies including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Some preferred. For Center for Senior Health requirement - must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license in effect for three years.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Licensure: Valid driver's license and able to meet National Church Residences' motor vehicle policy.
Vision: The degree of hand and eye coordination as applied to job requirements that induce visual strain. Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
Apply on company website