For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care at affordable prices for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 28 states and Puerto Rico and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need, such as permanent supportive housing for the formerly homeless.
- Supervise, provide and direct nursing care in compliance with facility policies and procedures.
- Makes observations on an advanced level; reports and records observations appropriately; forms nursing judgments and carries out nursing actions.
- Follows established standards of nursing practices. Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Interpret existing policies to staff, families and physicians.
- Performs daily rounds, develops and implements accurate comprehensive care plans based on each resident's needs. Follows established policies and procedures for passing medications and treatments. Orders and credit medications as needed, keeps accurate accounting of all medications (Stock medications, unit dose and narcotics)
- Follows staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments. Receives and gives an accurate report on resident's condition to provide continuity of care.
- Monitor diets and supervises meal trays and snacks served to residents and the resident's intake. Assists in passing meal trays, feeding and passing of snacks.
- Follows facility admissions procedures and communicates admission to other departments, staff, physicians and other service providers.
- Ensures employees follow the chain of command in a manner consistent with the personnel policies.
- Assigns nursing assistants and ensures the efficient completion of their assignments. Supervises, documents and corrects poor performance of nursing assistants. Keeps Unit Managers/Director of Nursing informed on a timely basis of poor performance problems.
- Participates in the performance evaluation process of nursing assistants and provides counseling, coaching and training. Presents performance evaluations to staff.
- Communicates professionally and effectively:
- Follows written and verbal directions
- Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors.
- Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis
- Follows all company, facility and state policies and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings, in-services, inter-disciplinary team and committee meetings as assigned.
- Exercises keen observations of noise, odors, cleanliness, etc. Cooperates with other staff members in all departments to ensure quality environmental conditions for the residents and staff
- Documents resident information timely, accurately and confidentially according to the procedures.
- Documents changes and notification to POA and doctor; performs comprehensive assessments as assigned.
- Verifies change-over MARS/TARS are correctly updated and necessary changes are made to new MAR/TAR by the 1st of each month
- Adheres to the guidelines as outlined in the Resident Rights documentation.
- Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
- Reports resident complaints to supervisor in charge, maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined under the Safety & Compliance policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring that residents are safe (for example: Wanderguard tab is securely attached to bed/chair as ordered, Wanderguard bracelets are working properly).
- Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
- Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies and procedures
- Practices universal precautions and life safety measures.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
- With respect to Client Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility policies including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a vocational school of practical nursing.
Experience: One to two years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Licensure: Current Nurse license
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law
Apply on company website