- Lead all efforts determining and developing the building design scope, in conjunction with the Architect of Record and within the limits of the project budget, during the funding application submission and pre-construction phases of project development.
- Responsible for pre-construction scope and design review in relationship with PCNA, application scoring requirements, National Church Residences Design Standards, LEED/”green” commitments, Platform for Services goals and “other” requirements related to each building/project.
- Responsible for becoming familiar with funding agency requirement relating to design/construction related pre-application information as well as agency “walk-throughs” or meetings relating to application site, work scope and cost assessment.
- Visit all project sites with the Architect of Record to assess the scope of work and unique attributes and limitations of each project.
- Manage the selection of the Architect of Record and the general contractor to be employed for each funding application and associated building/project.
- Responsible for maintaining all funding application submission and pre-construction budgets, as provided by the Acquisition & Development project developer, for 3rd Party services such as Architecture, engineering, third-party reports, testing, LEED/”green” services, accessibility and envelope consulting and other necessary/required services.
- Responsible for maintaining all funding application submission and pre-construction schedules, as provided by the Acquisition & Development project developer, and for developing, in conjunction with the Relocation Project Leader, the construction phasing schedule to ensure it meets construction and relocation budget and constructability requirements.
- Responsible for managing, updating and maintaining the National Church Residences Design Standards and ensuring Architect of Record compliance with these Standards.
- Interface with lending and application partners (NAHT/ GDA/RedCap/Dominion/etc.) on application and pre-closing requirements.
- Attend all project pre-closing task-list meetings, governmental agency meetings as required to ensure zoning, permit and other requirements are met and all LEED/”green” meetings per each building/project requirements.
- Prepare/provide project Underwriting Committee “fact sheet” for presentation and approval 1-week prior to each meeting.
- Responsible for LEED for Homes/”green” project registration, management of consultants, management of “green” expectations and budget, and Architect/GC/other compliance management during the pre-construction phase of a project.
- In conjunction with the Acquisition & Development project developer, responsible for ensuring that information in Part I of the Environmental Workbook (Phase I - project developer responsibility for due diligence collection) is transmitted to the Architect of record for inclusion in the project work scope, contract documents and construction budget.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Construction and Predevelopment.
Successfully manage all funding applications, preconstruction requirements and deliverables so that they are provided to the Acquisition & Development project developer in a timely and accurate manner.
Successfully manage a pre-construction pipeline by ensuring high quality design across the portfolio of development projects while meeting deadlines and budgets.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
Experience: 3-7 years of experience in pre-construction management, preferably in the field of multi-family housing or a related field.
Skills: Well organized and able to manage and prioritize projects/tasks; Ability to create
manage multiple budgets and schedules; Ability to work with various
stakeholders in order to gain consensus and provide positive outcomes; Ability to
provide and manage self-created project tracking and analysis documentation;
Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Excel, with a strong
preference for proficiency in Access.
Travel: 20% travel required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website