National Church Residences is the nation's largest non-profit provider of senior housing in the country. They own and/or operate 340 senior housing communities in 25 states and Puerto Rico, while also serving 30,000+ additional seniors through senior housing communities, outreach programs or even in their own home.
National Church Residences' vision is to “Advance better living for all seniors, enabling them to remain at home for life,” and their 2800 mission-driven staff members work every day to make this vision a reality.
For more information, visit their website https://www.nationalchurchresidences.org/
An individual contributor role as part of a team of three (3) and reports directly to Housing Accounting Supervisor. This role is instrumental to support the multiple changes in tax laws and protocols creating an increased volume of work. Responsible for processing tax procedures to ensure financial accuracy, meet deadlines, and initiate practices which improve the Housing and Real Estate financial results.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships; communicate, initiate, and manage relationships
- Process Taxes; review tax documents to ensure financial accuracy, secure proper signatures, log, track and mailing correspondence
- Online- user databases to submit information; must ensure assigned taxes are completed in a timely manner; (Taxes: 1065, 1120, State, Local, City Income, and Franchise)
- Audit responsibilities: process reports, review audit drafts, pre and final audit review; audit confirmations
- Reporting - quarterly & annual: HUD (Housing and Urban Development); Tax reporting; cash disbursement research
- Prioritize responsibilities which include:
- Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail, reports, and correspondence for team members
- Produces correspondence and reports using assigned software and tools (Yardi, Microsoft)
- Manages calendar for self and team members
- Establish and maintain tax files and records
- Special projects: coordinate and participate in the planning and execution of department special events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accountability - takes personal responsibility for meeting commitments and deadlines
- Communications skills - conveys thoughts verbally or in writing in an articulate and confident manner
- Initiative - take the lead to handle work load and create solutions that help enhance the team's performance
- Accuracy, organized, flexible with a sense of humor to ease tension
- Dependable and time management ability to attend to a broad range of tasks
Education: High School or GED Equivalent
Qualifications: Well organized individual with Accounting/Bookkeeping experience
Experience: At least 2 years office experience
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with Yardi a plus; adaptable to new applications and technology.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website