According to the prescribed policies and procedures and under the general supervision of the Tenant & Property Services staff will work tenants to identify their skills and abilities to promote personal growth.
The typical responsibilities for this position is to assist immediate supervisor with the following:
- Assist residents in identifying skills and develop positive growth. Create with residents a plan to achieve their goals.
- Identify with each resident the steps that lead to work and with team, create ways to motivate the tenant to complete these steps.
- Work with blended management team to ensure building standards are met.
- With blended management team members, design and implement daily activities that promote recovery, employment and personal growth.
- Communicate with team members regarding building operations.
- Advocate as necessary on the behalf of the residents (public aid, social security, home services, etc.)
- Develop tenant leadership and involvement in civic life through programs such as neighborhood clubs and organizations
- Perform interviews and reference checks for applicants and make recommendations regarding the suitability of applicants for tenancy.
- Participate in quality efforts to promote organizational development.
- Keep proper records on case management and/or other activities as instructed by Director of Supportive Services and Team Leader. All records should include follow-up.
- Attend all required training to ensure individual and professional growth.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
Experience: One year experience working with homeless and/or low income population.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: L.S.W. preferred.Chemical Dependency certifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Apply on company website