1. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate front desk staff in accordance with National Church Residences and Supportive Housing policies/procedures. Complete 90-day and annual front desk staff performance evaluations in a timely manner.
2. Schedule and coordinate front desk staff schedules for all National Church Residences Supportive Housing sites. Ensure proper coverage is met at all times at all locations.
3. Provide front desk staff coverage in the event a shift cannot be covered by an existing desk staff and no replacement can be identified.
4. Provide direction, feedback and guidance with regard to performance expectations including compliance with National Church Residences customer services standards, adherence with National Church Residences policies and procedures, and ensure employees understand expectations related to schedule and job duties.
5. Under direction of Senior Property Manager, maintain and revise desk manuals for each location to ensure compliance with Supportive Housing division standards.
6. With guidance from Senior Property Manager, establish, implement and maintain on-going training for front desk staff.
7. Conduct periodic inspections of desk logs, checklist, contractor/guest registers, etc. to ensure desk protocols are being followed and maintained.
8. Address and document as necessary any deficits and/or correction action with appropriate staff as it relates to job performance.
9. Assist site managers with day-to-day clerical duties as directed by Senior Property Manager.
10. Report any hazardous conditions or emergency situations to site manager and/or maintenance staff immediately.
11. Provide monthly shift and incident reports, staffing updates, policy/procedural changes/revisions to desk manuals, National Church Residences policy/procedures, etc.
12. Attend all required meetings and court appearances as directed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in the job, and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- To have an understanding, appreciation and commitment to the mission and philosophy of National Church Residences and the Supportive Housing Division.
- Possess excellent customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, and the ability to follow direction and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong written and oral and communication and organizational skills.
- To be able to demonstrate clear, professional boundaries and act in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and flexibility in scheduling required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests, visitors, residents and fellow staff members.
- Must have experience and/or ability to interact with families and individuals that may be homeless, mental health consumers, diverse cultures and populations.
- Understanding of low income, homeless and disabled individuals and families and their specific needs.
- Knowledge of crisis prevention, intervention and resolution techniques preferred.
- Ability to work a straight 8 hour shift with access to kitchen and restroom facilities.
Job Requirements (Education, Training, Work Experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- High School Degree or GED
This position requires travel and coverage for and between multiple buildings. Reliable, insured personal transportation is required to work any shift at any location for on-call, sick, or vacation coverage.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Apply on company website