Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed basis until the positions are filled. Please allow (2) weeks for screening of applications. This eligible list will be utilized to fill future permanent and Per Diem positions as they arise Exam#21/50R31/10SS. Natividad offers up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent fulltime Cardiac Sonographer position. The Cardiac Sonographer, under direction of the Director of Cardiopulmonary, performs cardiac ultrasound examinations of patients as ordered by physicians and does other related work as required for cardiac exams.
- Examines patients using cardiac ultrasound equipment; plans exams by reviewing x-rays and medical charts; maintains detailed records of the examination results.
- Reviews and evaluates results of exams and gives preliminary reports to the Cardiologist.
- Organizes daily workload of the Cardiac Ultrasound Department.
- Performs routine maintenance on complex electronic medical equipment used in Cardiac Sonography.
- May assist Cardiologist in preparing for and administering Cardiac Exams.
Principles, practices and techniques used in cardiac ultrasonography; human anatomy, physiology and hemodynamics necessary to perform cardiac ultrasound exams; medical terminology related to the administration and evaluation of cardiac ultrasound examinations and equipment.
Skill and Ability to:
Operate cardiac ultrasound equipment; maintain detailed record of patient examinations; communicate effectively with patients, physicians and other medical professionals; sit for prolonged periods of time; assist patients on and off the exam tables; share in on-call responsibilities; see, hear and interpret visual displays and sounds from the cardiac ultrasonography equipment; provide excellent and courteous customer service, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families and others contacted during the course of work.
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Successful completion of a course of study leading to certification as a registered sonographer. Possession of a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) credential is very highly desirable.
One year working with patients in a hospital or clinic setting performing cardiac ultrasound examinations. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: AscensionIL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website