PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Friday, October 02, 2020 at 11:59pm. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow two (2) weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted) Exam#20/70F21/09CR.
Examples of Duties
THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Picks up and delivers mail, interoffice messages, supplies, materials, and goods, on an established daily route, or as directed, on foot and in county vehicles.
- Prepares packages for delivery or shipment by mail or courier.
- Loads and unloads own vehicle; may operate a fork lift and/or hand trucks.
- May store and arrange supplies, materials, goods, parts and equipment in warehouse; maintains warehouse in clean condition; assists in inventory and preparing records.
- May file, shelve and pack books for shipping in the county library system
- Performs various routine clerical tasks such as: computing figures, maintaining files; preparing records and reports and operating simple office appliances.
Working knowledge of:
- California Motor Vehicle code; safe driving practices; vehicle operation; geographic area in delivery route
- Storekeeping and inventory methods and procedures
- Proper lifting techniques
- Sort mail quickly and accurately; coordinate delivery on a tight schedule
- Exercise discretion and judgment in caring for materials transported
- Drive delivery vehicles; operate forklift and/or hand truck; lift and move heavy objects weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Maintain accurate records
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others contracted in the course of the work
- Learn and perform routine clerical work
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Friday, October 02, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com. Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@Natividad.com resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
SPECIAL NOTES If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website