Priority Screening Date: Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be reviewed as needed until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise. Exam#22/50U30/80SS.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill several permanent fulltime positions for Dietitian Aide. Under general supervision, the Dietitian Aide assists Registered Dietitians with the planning and preparation of patient diets at Natividad Hospital, and maintains accurate daily records of patient diets; performs other related duties as assigned. Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Applies instruction prescribing the more routine diets
- Maintains up-to-date dietary records on a continual basis throughout the day
- Receives and fills orders for special nourishment items
- Receives orders for changes in diets and records change(s) on patient diet cards
- Keeps records of the number and type of patient diets to be served each day and apprises Cooks
- Assists with menu planning when requested
- Assembles diet cards for all patients before each meal service, checking patient meal selections to ensure conformance with diet orders and Dietitian requests, advises appropriate parties of discrepancies; delivers diet cards to patient tray-assembly line
- Serves on patient tray-assembly lines and inspects prepared food trays for compliance with special diet orders, cleanliness, and visual appeal.
- Instructs kitchen personnel in the operation of patient tray assembly lines when directed
- Performs the duties of a Food Service Worker as may be required
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Institutional kitchen practices
- Basic principles of dietetics
- Interpret and apply routine diet prescriptions
- Keep accurate and precise records
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with coworkers, patients and patient family members, and all others contacted through the course of work
- Respond in a positive manner to supervision and direction; attend work and perform duties on a regular, reliable, and consistent basis
Experience: Two years' experience in an institutional/hospital/healthcare kitchen, including some experience in planning and preparing special diets. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, you will not be eligible for the benefits
Apply on company website