PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be reviewed as needed until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise.Exam#22/14K72/05SS.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent Hospital Chief Medical Information Officer to direct the Information Systems Applications & Informatics Department. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
This incumbent maintains responsibility for the health informatics platform required to work with clinical IT staff to support the efficient design, implementation, and use of health technology at Natividad. This incumbent plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls clinical information technology services and operations related to Clinical Information Technology; leads and directs clinical information technology strategic planning activities; coordinates activities with other departments and external agencies; and performs other related duties as assigned. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- Develops, oversees, and executes the strategic and tactical plans for Clinical Information Technology
- Facilitates and manages change in a manner consistent with the overall direction of Natividad
- Supervises and provides oversight for all clinical IT applications and operations projects and activities
- Oversees and develops fiscally appropriate budgets, project plans, and timelines that meet the overall objectives of the organization for implementation, maintenance, and optimization of hardware, software, and modules
- Oversees and manages clinical data analytics for Natividad
- Responsible for maintenance, oversight and service of all clinical information technology related contracts
- Participates in agency wide information technology strategic planning
- Represents Natividad at all relevant external organizations and meetings
- Provides overall leadership and oversight to Natividad's medical staff's Clinical Information Technology Committee
- Understands and communicates latest trends in healthcare, clinical systems, information technology and point of care products; works with clinical information teams on translating trends into designing, building, and implementing enhancements to the EMR/EHR system to align with national, state, local IT initiatives, and Natividad IT strategies and goals
- Represents the provider community and serves as an advocate in promoting the use of information
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Current principles and practices of medicine.
- Methods, techniques, practices, principles, and literature in the broad field of medical sciences.
- Administrative practices and procedures, rules, regulations, policies, and standards related to hospital medical services.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)/ Electronic Health Records (EHR) Application Systems.
- The principles of effective supervision and organization.
- Functions and services of public hospitals and health agencies.
- The operations, services and activities of the clinical aspect of the comprehensive hospital information technology program.
- The principles, techniques, and best practices of developing and administering clinical information systems.
- The principles and techniques of short and long-range systems planning, needs forecasting and cost-benefit analysis.
- The principles and practices of information technology project management.
- The principles and practices of information system assessment, testing, evaluation, and analysis.
- The principles and practices of business administration including finance/budgeting, procurement, personnel management and strategic planning.
- National, state, and local IT regulations and laws pertaining to healthcare.
- Plan, organize, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of clinical informatics services of a large hospital.
- Exercise initiative, ingenuity, and sound judgment in solving difficult technical and administrative problems.
- Use modern hospital technology effectively, including computers and software.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with physicians, staff, patients, and others.
- Manage various clinical informatics programs and activities within a large hospital environment.
- Apply highly complex technical principles and concepts to develop solutions for hospital medical and clinical functions.
- Research and evaluate new technology in healthcare medical and clinical functions; read and interpret system plans and specifications associated with the implementation and/or purchase of major systems.
- Participate in short and long term strategic planning processes, including the development and administration of goals, objectives and procedures; conduct complex technical research pertaining to best practices.
- Prepare and administer clinical informatics budget.
- Speak and write effectively.
- Present information effectively before medical as wells as other groups.
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Possession of a valid Physician's and Surgeon's Certificate issued by the State of California; Board Certification in Clinical Informatics, Bachelor's or advanced degree in IT, Clinical Informatics or equivalent; and three (3) years' experience as an IT physician leader, preferably at an acute care hospital. Additional Information **REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website