Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis to fill current & future vacancies, as they arise. Please allow (2) weeks for processing of all application materials. Exam#22/80U11/03SS.
Natividad is currently seeking a temporary Hospital Communications Operator II in the Telecommunications Department. The Hospital Communications Operator II receives, enters and routes routine and emergency telephone communications for a partially computerized hospital communications system. The Hospital Communications Operator II operates both electronic and computerized telephone consoles; receives and dispatches information by telephone, pager and radio systems; and performs clerical and other related work as required. Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Operates an electronic telephone console, receives emergency calls, and provides information to the public.
- Responds to all hospital emergencies (such as fire panel, code blues, RRT, STAT assists and abductions) by notifying appropriate personnel and monitoring progress, following established protocols.
- Pages as required on alpha pagers/calls and/or send messages via Tiger Connects all hospital personnel as appropriate and as prescribed by established protocols
- Channels incoming and outgoing telephone calls; provides patient room numbers and direct phone numbers to callers as requested.
- Manages and maintains on call list/scheduling via Tiger Physician Scheduling.
- Receives programs and monitors the assignment of Emergency cell phones and rotating cell phones as well as pagers.
- Receives complaints of telephone and pager equipment failures and troubleshoots problems. Informs department supervisor, I.T. help desk as well as appropriate vendor of repairs needed; maintains information on a specific equipment log and daily occurrence log.
- Updates telephone one-page directory, A-Z operator's rand, Physician directory, Emergency cell phone as well as Emergency analog telephone directories as necessary in order to maintain complete and accurate listings.
- Orders office supplies; maintain office equipment. Maintains hospital keys and key logs for various departments and follows protocols.
- Performs other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Trains subordinate staff on an electronic telephone console, receiving emergency calls, and providing information to the public. Tiger Physician scheduling on Call List, Tiger Connect Messaging, Emergency cell phone and Emergency analog Cell phone protocols.
- Provides critical communication solutions in emergencies.
- Works with Supervisor and Hospital staff to streamline/update processes to better serve clients.
- Trains subordinate staff to troubleshoot equipment failures, including department alarms and on call systems, etc.
Working knowledge of: The operation of a multiple line switchboard. General functions of a hospital and associated emergency protocols. Use and proper care of computer, cellular, pager and radio-telephone equipment. Modern office procedures and computer hardware and software programs, such as MSWord, Excel, Outlook etc.
Skill and Ability to: Communicate effectively in Spanish. Work in a busy, noisy office area with little privacy. Work with extremely busy telephones. Type on a computer keyboard with speed and accuracy. Speak and understand English fluently, with excellent diction together and a congenial and well-modulated tone of voice. Take and transmit clear and complete directions and information. Perform basic clerical and office work with speed and accuracy. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Remain calm, think and work under pressures due to multiple calls, inquiries and locating personnel during emergencies of all kinds. Perform a variety of tasks simultaneously.
QUALIFICATIONS CRITERIA The required knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education and/or training.
AN EXAMPLE OF A WAY THESE REQUIREMENTS MAY BE ACQUIRED IS: Three (3) years of experience performing duties directly related to customer service preferably in health care and two (2) year of switchboard experience and/or Multiple Line Console system. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website