Priority Screening Date: Friday, October 16, 2020 at 11:59 pm for guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will reviewed, as needed until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The Eligible List established by this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary or permanent vacancies as they arise. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) Exam#20/14M31/09CR
Natividad currently looking to fill full time, permanent Hospital Director of Nursing Education in the Nursing Education Department. This incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the educational needs and activities for a collective multidisciplinary group of medical professionals and community members. This position required one to analyze data from different collection points and coordinate educational activities to improve patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Develops, maintains and monitors operating and capital budgets, budget preparation, and short/long range planning for the Education Department to include management of the Education Foundation Fund.
- Provides leadership in the development, revision and implementation of policies, procedures, standards of care, practice, goals and objectives for the Education Department.
- Identifies learning needs, oversees the orientation and training of personnel, and coordinates the training of students on the patient care units and in clinics.
- Provides in-house education to hospital staff; acts as a consultant to department managers on required competencies related to caring for patients and regulatory requirements. Develops an RN Annual Review to meet regulatory educational requirements.
- Directs community education for targeted populations (e.g., Compassionate Care Alliance, Monterey Bay Geriatric Resource Center). Provides continuing education units CEU's for these educational events.
- Participates in Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities; Identifies patients care, system and/or process issues and trends; Assists with data collection as it relates to CALNOC reporting on Pressure Ulcers, Falls, Restraints and Medication Administration.
- In coordination with Advanced Trauma Life Support Physician Program Director/Instructor, provides the ATLS courses at Natividad. This course is open to physicians throughout the United States.
- Coordinates the RN Residency Program, to include first work experiences for new graduates in a classroom and acute care setting.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have proven track record demonstrating the following:
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Advanced theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing and healthcare.
- Federal, State, Local laws & regulations & TJC standards that govern the nursing practice & delivery of health care.
- Budget development and cost control methods applicable to health care systems operations.
- Health care systems operations and administration, including management, planning and delivery of services.
- Design of performance-based programs ensuring acquisition of content and transfer of learning to the work environment to support patient-centered care. (Program development, implementation, modification and evaluation)
- Proficient computer skills to support project management, and educational programming.
- Principles of supervision, training, directing and evaluating subordinates.
- Perform the full range or registered nursing duties and responsibilities.
- Implement the principles of leadership and management.
- Effectively direct, plan develop and implement professional education systems and programs for a large health care system.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of action.
- Provide excellent customer service, establish, and maintain an effective working relationship.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other hospital staff.
- Mentor staff, both direct subordinates and others.
- Keep abreast of developments in area of nursing specialization.
The County of Monterey offers an excellent benefits package, see the X-Unit Benefit Summary Sheet at: https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/government/departments-a-h/human-resources/human-resources/benefits/benefit-summary-sheet
- Incumbents will be required to possess a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are required. Please submit on-line applications at: www.natividad.com. All licenses will be verified via primary source so please ensure that the name on your application is either the same name that is on your license or that you have indicated the name you are licensed under on your application. The required resume may be attached to the online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com and will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive employment application materials contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2707. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future permanent & temporary vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES • If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above.
Apply on company website