PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Monday, April 19, 2021 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 21/43M40/04CR.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill one (1) permanent, full-time Hospital Information Systems Support Technician in the Information Systems Department. Under direction, this incumbent serves as the primary customer service resource for end users of specialized clinical information systems, including hardware and software support. Provides technical support to end users throughout Natividad by performing “helpdesk” functions, triage of client issues, maintenance and updates of PC's and peripherals; uses remote administration tools and site visits to install, move or repair computer equipment. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Provides direct customer service and technical support to end users as required via phone, e-mail, fax, on-line systems and in person, answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements; troubleshoots information systems and determines resources required to return to optimum performance.
- Updates, monitors, install, and repairs a wide variety of information systems equipment, including specialized hospital/clinical products, hardware components such as laptops, monitors, printers, scanners, peripherals, CPU's, and circuit boards; schedules and performs preventative maintenance.
- Configures end user equipment to connect to department systems and access specified programs, and to Internet application servers, as directed.
- Configures and installs new PCs, peripherals and software, and physical attachment of PC to network.
- Installs, configures, and tests network printing devices.
- Installs, configures and maintains network applications and application distribution systems.
- Provides training to clients in the use of systems.
- Identifies and corrects or advises on technical issues in client computer systems; communicates with programmers and/or vendors regarding problem resolution.
- Coordinates with Natividad' s departments, vendors, and other IS staff to modify, install, upgrade, replace, and/or reconfigure end user systems.
- Performs creation, set up and assignment of new accounts, following departmental policies and procedures.
- Receives and inspects new devices/computer equipment. Disassembles, packs, and moves computer devices and peripherals.
- Participates in system security in compliance with department policy including virus protection.
- Writes/generates technical and other reports, documents and written materials, such as user manuals and knowledge base material; maintains required logs.
- Processes and tracks all information systems-related purchase orders, tracks software licenses, and orders.
- May assist in training less experienced personnel as assigned and required.
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- Customer services techniques and practices.
- Microsoft Windows based applications; Microsoft Office Suite.
- Terminology related to computer hardware, software, network and peripheral equipment.
- Methods of error research and troubleshooting.
- Modern concepts and terms applicable to medical information systems.
- Operation and maintenance of clinical information systems.
- Tools and test equipment used in the installation and repair of information systems and a peripherals.
- Medical terminology and the ability to converse with clinical staff regarding technical support issues.
- Clinical information systems, database software, Internet software and word processing software.
- Acute clinical settings and clinical workflows.
- Capability and limitations of various computer operating systems including DOS, Windows and networks.
- Computer applications used in data management.
- Analytical processes.
- The functions, regulations, services, programs and operations of an acute care facility.
- Training methods and techniques for users of computer systems applications.
- Provide excellent customer service. Promptly answer and/or respond to technical support-related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Respond effectively to urgent and emergency situations; work effectively in an acute care facility.
- Communicate effectively with medical staff and employees at all organizational levels. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members and clients.
- Organize, prioritize, schedule, and execute multi-activity workload to meet goals and deadlines; research, identify and utilize informational resources.
- Work both independently and in team setting.
- Utilize project management tools.
- Gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Read, interpret, and apply information from complex technical publications and documentation. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prepare clear, complete, and concise reports, documents and business communications, including user-training materials.
- Work under pressure, with tight deadlines, and minimal supervision.
- Understand and apply information systems and methodologies.
- Evaluate and implement, as directed, technology alternatives for resolving end user problems.
- Write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals; maintain records and logs as required.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and users.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry; calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume in order to analyze data and produce reports.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
Education: Three to five years of experience working with the end user community in a IT Help Desk support environment (Hospital or clinical setting, highly desirable). AND Associates/Bachelor's degree in related technical area or technical training/experience equivalent, and
Experience: Minimum of two years customer services experience in an IT Help Desk telephone and field support environment, using a help desk call tracking system.
Licenses and Certifications: Highly Desirable
One-year certificate from college or technical school.
A+, CNA or Network+ certification.
Help Desk Analyst Certification or Field Service Technician Certification. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: : All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website