Priority Screening Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed as-needed until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to also fill temporary and permanent vacancies as they arise. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) Exam#20/16C60/09CR
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time Hospital Laboratory Information Systems Administrator. We are looking for someone who is interested in an opportunity to provide ongoing professional support of a designated suite of clinical laboratory operational applications, including process analysis, design, implementation, and upgrades, such as Sd2 software, Radipcomm software, Rals software, Blood Bank, microbiology, pathology Meditech modules , referral laboratory interfaces, equipment interfaces, Client/Server Software, Faxing Software, and Interface Software. This position will perform everything above in accordance with the Patient Safety and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) Acts, The Joint Commission (TJC) College of American Pathologists (CAP) and other regulatory agencies.
- Provides clients with general directions to improve application processing and to resolve problems.
- Prepares project status and related reports.
- Creates online forms, templates and databases to meet department and user needs.
- Analyze and triage existing NPR reports; identification of new reports that may be required.
- Reviews data conversions; configures printers and workstations.
- Develops and/or assists with analysis and design of custom queries, screens and forms to support proposed work processes.
- Performs menu analysis, configuration, and development assistance.
- Performs required regulatory validation on software systems.
- Maintains database dictionaries including CPT codes, charges and LOINC codes.
- Maintains laboratory interfaces.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD DEMONSTRATING THE FOLLOWING
Some knowledge of:
- Typical financial and clinical applications.
- Medical transcription processes and applications.
- Principles, practices, and current trends in hospital/clinical organization, administration, operations and structure.
- Principles, methods, and techniques used in developing software programs.
- Principles and techniques applied in designing systems.
- A variety of applications and control languages, programming languages and development tools.
- Personal computer (PC), mini computer, and mainframe computer operations, capabilities, and limitations; server structures.
- Principles and practices of project management; project and technical documentation, and estimation of resource requirements.
- Basic methods and techniques used in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of computer application programs and operational systems.
- Principles and techniques of file management, data flow/structure, system flow/control, decision tables,and data dependencies.
- Principles and techniques of programming, including menu programming and report programming.
- Requirements of the Patient Safety Act and HIPAA regulations, as related to clinical information systems and data.
- Requirements of EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act), as related to clinical information systems and data.
- Principles and practices of basic PC help desk functions and procedures, technical problem solving,troubleshooting; design and setup of interfaces.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of client service.
- Software training techniques; system development life cycle concepts.
- MS Office Suite; basic software quality assurance control.
- Team dynamics and team building.
- Print server functionality; fax and script solutions with hospital systems.
- Hardware support, such as barcode scanners, and printer.
- Multitask; balance multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Analyze complex procedures and data, define problems, develop logical conclusions and recommend effective alternative solutions.
- Develop plans and achieve objectives; design and interpret diagrams representing computer processes.
- Utilize project management tools.
- Code, test and implement applications.
- Prepare system and program documentation to department standards.
- Gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Resolve programming problems and recommend methods to better utilize computer resources.
- Perform systems analysis work and conduct feasibility studies.
- Design new and revise existing applications; apply electronic data processing principles and techniques in developing software, procedures, and programs.
- Interpret and follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- Prepare clear, complete, and concise reports and documents, including user training materials.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members and clients.
- Communicate effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Work under pressure, with tight deadlines, and minimal supervision; take initiative.
- Research and identify resources as well as challenges.
- Make oral presentations to technical and non-technical audience.
- Read, interpret, and apply information from complex technical publications and documentation.
- Promote and maintain a team environment.
- Organize, prioritize, and schedule multi-activity workload.
- Develop and evaluate technology alternatives for resolving client business problems.
An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Education: Bachelor's degree information systems or related field AND Experience:
One year experience in systems analysis or computer programming in a healthcare laboratory environment or one year performing duties equivalent to a Laboratory Software Analyst.
Three - five years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technologist, Highly desirable. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@Natvidad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. SPECIAL NOTES • If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website