Position PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Friday, February 5,2021 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in a continuous basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam#21/70A12/01CR
Natividad is currently seeking to fill one (1) permanent full-time Hospital Senior Environmental Service Aide. The Hospital Senior Environmental Services Aide class is the advanced working level/lead worker class in the Hospital Environmental Services Aide class series, responsible for performing housekeeping and custodial work, training new Environmental Services employees and acting in the absence of the Environmental Services Supervisor. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Leads team of Environmental Services Aides by planning, organizing, coordinating, and assigning daily activities; gives on the job training and instructions to subordinate staff; makes recommendations to the supervisor regarding promotion, reassignment, and recognition of outstanding performance and personnel needs
- Ensures that staff members are aware of and incompliance with established safety practices and procedures
- Reports to the supervisor periodically on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, progress in mastering tasks and work processes, and individual and team training needs
- Leads the team in assessing its strengths and weaknesses and provides leadership to the team in exploring alternatives and determining what improvements can be made (e.g. in work methods, processes and procedures.)
- Resolves simple, informal complaints from employees and refers others, such as formal grievances and appeals, the supervisor or an appropriate management employee
- Intercedes with the supervisor on behalf of the team to provide information on performance management issues and problems, and to recommend/request related actions, such as assignments, promotions, and performance appraisals
- Assists supervisor in instruction of staff in modern cleaning and disinfection methods and practices of specialized equipment, cleaning floors, walls, furniture and fixtures. Determines the proper use of housekeeping equipment and tools, ensures that work crew complies with safety rules and regulations
- Leads the team in special projects associated with housekeeping activities; may requisition and issue housekeeping supplies, scrubs, strips, waxes, and polishes floors using either heavy (industrial-type) powered and/or lightweight floor scrubbers and buffers. Washes walls, windows, and blinds; dusts and polishes furniture; vacuums and shampoos carpets using wither industrial or lightweight vacuum
- Leads team in keeping kitchen and restrooms in clean, orderly, and sanitary condition. Sweeps, scrubs, and waxes floors. Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories, urinal, and toilet bowls, Cleans mirrors, sinks, and water fountains. Dusts ledges and woodwork. Replaces deodorizers, toilet tissue, hand towels and soaps. Notes condition of restroom and reports to supervisor broken window, water leaks, clogged drains, and other conditions requiring maintenance
- Participates in the selection of employees; evaluates training and development needs of staff and arranges for training
- Observes and reports conditions which may indicate vandalism, illegal entry or fire hazard
- May change and hang clean curtains, drapes and cubicle curtains, move furniture and equipment for cleaning and rearrangement, and replaces lights in a hospital setting
- Assists in the setup of meeting rooms
- May be required to operate a motor vehicle
- May oversee the work of volunteers
- Other related duties as assigned
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Working knowledge of:
- Methods, supplies and equipment used in sanitizing, cleaning and maintaining hospital buildings
- Typical biohazards in a hospital setting; safe working practices and techniques
- Basic practices and techniques in crew leadership including: setting and communicating team goals and objectives; assisting team members to organize work; coach, facilitate, problem solve, and recommend disciplinary measures as needed
- Hospital protocols and priorities regarding the cleanup of spills, blood, etc.
- Plan, organize, evaluate, and coordinate daily activities of staff, and maintain quality control.
- Follow written and oral instructions, and read and interpret written reports and directions.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Observe safe work practices and procedures; identify, correct and/or report occupational hazards.
- Determine housekeeping needs; schedule and organize work; train employees in housekeeping duties, equipment operation, safe and proper methods and application of chemicals.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with coworkers, the public, and all others contacted through the course of work.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and technical and professional personnel
- Respond in a positive manner to supervision and direction; and attend work and perform duties on a regular, reliable, and consistent basis
- Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
- One year experience in hospital janitorial or light building maintenance;
- Any combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, and abilities.
- 6 months lead experience within janitorial or maintenance area.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Friday, February 5, 2021 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: AscensionIL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website