Applications received will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled. Please allow two (2) weeks for processing of all application materials. (Postmarks and Faxes are not accepted) The eligible list established from this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies as they arise. Exam#22/70A13/05SS
Natividad is currently seeking to fill one (1) permanent full time Hospital Supervising Environmental Services Aide. Under general direction, the Hospital Supervising Environmental Services Aide supervises the custodial and Hospital Environmental Services staff and programs in order to ensure that sanitary conditions are maintained at Natividad.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, and disciplines hospital Hospital Environmental Services employees.
- Develops, coordinates, conducts and evaluates the training of aseptic cleaning standards and procedures for Hospital Environmental Services personnel.
- Develops work standards and assignments for Hospital Environmental Services operations; revising assignments as needed because of absences and/or emergency situations.
- Researches, samples, tests and evaluates new products and machines for use throughout the hospital.
- Makes inspections of work performed by Environmental Services Aides and Senior Environmental Services Aides for quality control and related purposes.
- Assists with preparing budgets for the Environmental Services Department.
- Represents the department to upper management, other departments, outside agencies; may assist the Director of Engineering and Safety, and/or other designated management personnel as required.
- Approves time cards and attendance records and initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
- Develops asepsis standards for determining frequency of cleaning procedures, use and upkeep of equipment, and related hospital service functions.
- Conducts periodic inventories of supplies, computes monthly consumption of goods, and estimates future needs
- Responsible for the ordering, issuing and storing of department materials and equipment.
- Works collaboratively with Nursing and other management staff that affect workplace efficiencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Modern methods, techniques, supplies and equipment used in cleaning and maintaining aseptic conditions in a hospital setting.
- Safe working practices and techniques.
- Principles and methods of managing housekeeping programs
- Principles and techniques of supervision, work evaluation and training.
- Principles of employee motivation.
- Operations of computers and computer applications sufficient to complete required administrative duties
- Supervise and train assigned Hospital Environmental Services staff in their work.
- Work cooperatively with others and proceed independently.
- Communicate effectively, with all levels of employees, both orally and in writing.
- Keep supplies and job records of housekeeping staff.
- Prepare and present simple reports.
- Read, write and perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Two years of responsible experience in janitorial and custodial work in multi-office, public use buildings, AND at least one (1) year of which must have been in a lead or supervisory experience (Hospital and/or clinical experience, highly desirable).
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future permanent & temporary vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above.
Apply on company website