PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Friday, August 14, 2020 at 5:00pm. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and temporary needs. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. 20/52A31/08CR.
Natividad is currently seeking an Infection Control Nurse to coordinate all infection control activities for the hospital; including staff education in prevention and control of infection; to investigate suspected infectious outbreaks in the hospital; and to perform other duties as required.
- Reviews patient charts for staff compliance to infection control standards; inspects hospital physical plant to ensure compliance to infection control standards.
- Investigates suspected violations (outbreaks) within the hospital by discussing case management of patients with infectious diseases with other professional staff in order to effectively control the spread of disease.
- Prepares mandated documentation forms; gathers statistical data and prepares reports.
- Reviews professional literature; new products, and changing infection control standards; attends meeting and conferences; updates appropriate hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides in-service training on infection control procedures for the prevention and/or control of infectious diseases with infection control experts.
- May assist with any of the various activities related to quality assurance, utilization review or discharge planning programs.
- Utilizes CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and (NHSN) National Healthcare Safety Network for data needed to identify problem areas; measures progress of prevention efforts to eliminate healthcare-associated infections and assesses progress and identify where additional efforts are needed.
Possession of a valid license Registered Nurse issued by the BRN of the State of California or ability to obtain a CA License prior to employment is required AND Possession of a (CIC) Certification in Infection Prevention and Control is highly desired. (All licenses will be verified via primary source. Please ensure that the name indicated on the application matches the name on license)
Thorough Knowledge of:
Nursing principles, methods and procedures; and medical equipment procedures.
Working Knowledge of:
Aseptic procedures in a hospital setting; medical terminology; etiology and treatments of infectious disease.
Skill and Ability to:
Assess potential infectious desease problems in a hospital setting and take appropriate action; maintain accurate records and prepare clear and conside written reports; communicate effectively on infection control matters to groups, hospital staff and other health professionals; work effectively with minimum supervision; and establish and maintain cooperative; effective relationship with those contacted in the course of work. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website