Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 22/50R18/04SS.
Natividad is seeking to fill a full time, permanent Interventional Radiologic Technologist opening in the Interventional Radiology Department. This incumbent performs under supervision, scrubs in and performs specialized and routine diagnostic, interventional, neurovascular, vascular, and radiology procedures and performs other related duties.
Interventional Radiologic Technologist candidates hired into permanent full-time positions may be eligible to receive a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
- Circulates and scrubs in to assist interventional response teams during diagnostic, interventional, neurovascular, vascular, and radiology procedures
- Assists physician with invasive diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic procedures using sterile technique and supplies, in the IR suite, operating room and/or bedside
- Correctly obtains and identifies angiographic images utilizing radiation reducing techniques according to best practice
- Instructs patient, positions patient and equipment, computes and/or selects technical factors, and obtains images as instructed
- Manipulates and sends images via the Picture Archive Communication System (PACS)
- Evaluates patient for contra indications after reviewing chart for complete history and evaluating lab work before procedure begins
- Documents the procedure being performed including vital signs, medications being administered, lab results, allergies, all pertinent information regarding patient, and all supplies being used in electronic medical record
- Assists with the coordination of transporting patients to and from the Interventional Radiology (IR) suite
- Cleans and re-stocks IR suite and maintains proper inventory levels
- Tracks and bills each procedure and associated supplies
Certification as a California Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT), California Fluoroscopy license and any one of the following certifications is highly desirable:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Radiography (R)
- ARRT Cardiovascular Interventional Radiography (CV)
- ARRT Cardiac Interventional Radiography (CI)
- ARRT Vascular Interventional Radiography (VI)
- CCI Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
- Current BLS certification-Required
Thorough knowledge of:
- Interventional, neurovascular, and vascular procedures
- Specialized diagnostic imaging principles, techniques, methods and equipment relative to angiography procedures
- Structural and organic anatomy, both normal and abnormal
- Radiology principles and practices including anatomy and physiology, radiation protection and physics, and radiographic positioning
- Methods of positioning patients for radiographic and specialized diagnostic imaging exposures
- Scrub procedures, including patient positioning, prep, table set-up, draping, and supply selection
- Regulatory requirements regarding Radiologic Technologist and radiation safety
- Age specific competency in providing care to the patient
- The use of office automation equipment, including computers and business software, for communication and productivity purposes
- Skill and Ability to:
- Understand physician orders to properly organize necessary equipment, supplies, positioning, and prior patient safety testing
- Perform all phases of Interventional Radiologic procedures including assisting as an IR scrub technician
- Operate all radiology equipment, such as, radiographic machines, radiographic/fluoroscopic machines, Interventional Radiology associated equipment, associated surgical equipment, and image processors
- Use professional judgment and critical thinking when performing procedures
- Recognize and resolve equipment problems and discrepancies
- Immediately be able to recognize and alert the physician operator to serious endovascular complications such as, vessel dissection or perforation, air embolus, wire fractures, balloon rupture, stent or foreign body travel, and/or procedural pseudo aneurysms
- Perform hemodynamic stability by correctly performing vessel closure and/or manual compression without compromise of the vessel
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a Per-Diem position, your salary range is $54.233- $74.071 per hour and you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website