Application materials will be reviewed in a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and temporary needs. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise (Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam# 21/52A02/07CR.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill (1) one permanent Licensed Vocational Nurse vacancies in our Outpatient Clinical areas to provide a full range of skilled vocational nursing care to patients; and perform other duties as assigned. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Confirms reason for patient's visit, assembles and organizes supplies, and prepares examination room and patient in readiness for medical examination by practitioner.
- Conducts basic physical and mental status assessments, records patient medical history; vital signs: temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure; pain level; and pertinent symptoms; alerts supervisor/practitioner to unusual symptoms.
- Reconciles medications at each patient visit.
- Administers prescribed, routine tests, treatments, and procedures and oral, intramuscular, and subcutaneous medications and vaccinations.
- Provides patient care instructions and patient education regarding new medications.
- Assists doctors as requested with treatments and dressings; removes dressings, staples and sutures, redresses wounds as ordered.
- Collects and labels specimens.
- Starts and/or superimposes intravenous fluids as directed.
- Maintains readiness of examination rooms and equipment; inspects, inventories, and prepares requisitions to ensure essential equipment and adequate medications and clinical supplies are stocked.
- Performs point-of-care testing and quality-control runs daily.
- May perform duties typically assigned to unlicensed staff and/or other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED License/Certificates: Possession of a valid CA Licensed Vocational Nurse Licensure is required. (LVN licenses will be verified via primary source, please ensure that the name on your application is the same as on your license otherwise you must indicate the name you are licensed under on your application).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD DEMONSTRATING THE FOLLOWING:
Working Knowledge of:
- Principles, methods, and procedures of modern nursing care.
- First aid procedures; basic life support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Physical and mental health assessment techniques.
- Basic anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology; EMR and electronic documentation.
- Techniques of administering medications and treatments.
- Protocols for issuance of referrals, medication refills, and general communications from Practitioners.
- Clinical equipment and supplies; isolation techniques; sterile and aseptic techniques and protocol.
- Administration of intravenous therapy or blood withdrawals, enemas, hypodermics, catherizations, and irrigations.
- Perform the full range of LVN nursing care, including BLS and IV placements, as directed.
- Indiscriminately provide professional, compassionate health care to all patients.
- Understand and accurately carry out oral and written directions.
- Develop a skilled competency assisting practitioners with various medical procedures.
- Educate and instruct patients regarding various health problems and prevention, medical tests, and procedures; effectively and accurately communicate precise healthcare information to patients.
- Learn to skillfully operate specialized hospital equipment.
- Accurately document, update, and maintain patient medical records.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with medical staff, patients, and all others contacted through work.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted for review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: AscensionIL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
SPECIAL NOTES • If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
(Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).
Apply on company website