Position $44.096- $60.226* Hourly *Includes ARRT certification calculation per MOU
Natividad is seeking to fill full-time permanent, part-time and per-diem MRI Technologists openings in the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
This incumbent performs routine and highly specialized diagnostic and magnetic resonance imaging procedures on patients as ordered by physicians for diagnostic and treatment purposes and performs other related duties as assigned.
MRI Technologist candidates hired into full-time, permanent positions may be eligible to receive a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus. Additionally, all candidates with the desired certification may be eligible for an additional special pay of 8% of your hourly rate. Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Prepares and positions patients for a variety of diagnostic x-ray procedures; fluoroscopy examinations, and MRI examinations.
- Determines the correct exposure factors
- Effectively navigate the PACS system.
- Follows all protocols for imaging procedures.
- Demonstrates principles of Sterile Technique and knowledge and skill in use of specialty equipment specific to magnetic resonance imaging procedures.
- Utilizes a variety of systems to set up/perform examinations and maintain information; records patient information, properly identify patient, and the number/type of views taken; maintains logs and work-related statistics; assists with maintaining and checking the PACS system.
- Operates MRI scanning equipment; may operate CT scanning equipment; may perform routine mammograms; provides routine assistance during fluoroscopy examinations.
- May provide routine assistance with diagnostic imaging examinations involving angiography, arthrography, myelography, bone density and other special procedures.
- Participates in the implementation of effective quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and other documents as assigned; gathers and tabulates workload data; utilizes standard office administrative tools, including computers, to facilitate communication and work efficiency.
- Helps clean and maintain diagnostic imaging equipment; provides input to management regarding the need for new equipment and supplies.
- Communicates effectively with Radiologist as well as the ordering provider to ensure the highest quality images are obtained for each patient.
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
License/Certification: Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and certified by the Department of Health, State of California, as a Radiologic Technologist. (Please ensure the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source.)
Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is highly desired.
Experience: One year of experience preferred performing diagnostic imaging examinations, including fluoroscopy and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must have required the performance of standard x-ray procedures. Some familiarity with bone density, CT, and mammography procedures is desirable.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating his/her knowledge of:
- Basic theories and principles pertaining to a wide variety of diagnostic imaging procedures including x-ray, bone density, computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and/or mammography procedures; standard methods and techniques pertaining to x-ray procedures; the operation and care of standard radiology equipment and the methods of positioning patients for examinations; medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology necessary to perform diagnostic imaging procedures; routine functions and activities of an acute care hospital diagnostic imaging unit, including standard procedures, materials and equipment; and safety requirements of a hospital diagnostic imaging unit, including the appropriate use of universal precautions.
- Methods of explaining diagnostic imaging procedures to patients and providing customer service in a health care environment; basic hospital and nursing care procedures; the operation and care of radiographic equipment; structural and organic anatomy; and the principles and methods of x-ray film processing and development
- Perform a wide variety of standard x-ray procedures; position patients for a variety of diagnostic imaging examinations and procedures; operate and maintain standard x-ray and related diagnostic imaging equipment; maintain safe working conditions by complying with established safety policies and procedures; communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and other medical professionals; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; prepare reports and other written communications; and provide sensitive and competent service to customers who may be anxious or in substantial distress.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; optional resume and copy of required license/certifications can be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com – allow two (2) weeks for processing of application materials. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials please contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary range is $44.235- $60.415 per hour and you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website