Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled. The eligible list established by this recruitment may be used to fill future and current permanent and temporary needs as they arise. Natividad may offer up to a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus to experienced candidates hired into a permanent full-time position (Subject to appropriate taxation).Exam#21/50U23/03CR.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent full time Obstetrical (OB) Technician position in the Labor & Delivery Unit. Under close supervision, this incumbent assists surgeons and nurses in specialized patient care and treatment in the Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Assists surgeons and registered nurses in obstetrical operations including cesarean sections, D&C's, BTL's, etc., by performing scrub nurse duties which include selecting and passing appropriate sterile instruments as needed.
- Performs operating room duties including transporting, positioning, draping, and skin preparation of patients according to A.O.R.N. standards.
- Collects, prepares, and stores specimens obtained during surgery and newborn delivery and logs according to policy.
- Facilitates the use of solutions and medications on the surgical field by appropriately preparing them according to physician's order and preparing documentation.
- Maintains a record of items used in each surgical procedure and participates in surgical counts per policy.
- Disinfects operating room and labor and delivery room, surgical instruments and equipment and prepares for sterilization. Prepares room for next procedure/delivery.
- Participates in the requisitioning, storing and issuing of supplies and stocking ensuring outdates supplies are discarded and equipment in in working order at all times.
- Performs duties of a nursing assistant including monitoring and recording patient vital signs, assisting patients with personal hygiene, meds, back rubs, etc.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including receptionist functions, transcribing orders, assembling discharge charts, answering phones, and entering data in computer.
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Aseptic techniques and methods.
- Utilization and maintenance of surgical instruments and equipment.
- Gowning, scrubbing, and gloving procedure.
- Utilization and maintenance of Labor and Delivery instruments and equipment.
- Universal precautions for handling blood and body fluids.
- Safety practices including proper body mechanics.
- Basic nursing care within the scope of practice for a Certified Nursing Assistant; medical terminology; data entry.
- Assist physicians and nurses during an operation.
- Account for all surgical instruments and equipment used during an operation or procedure.
- Organize and maintain clinical and surgical records and charts.
- Transcribe and enter orders accurately.
- Observe and record observations of patients.
- Perform vital signs accurately; assist patients with personal hygiene.
- Act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Work cooperatively with physicians, nurses, patients, and staff.
- Anticipate the instrument and supply needs of physicians as a condition of employment.
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Education: Completion of a training program as an Obstetrical Technician OR Experience: One year of experience assisting physicians in obstetrical surgeries and deliveries in an acute care hospital Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at WWW.Natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website