Application materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 21/80L02/12SS.
Natividad is currently seeking to fill permanent and temporary Patient Registrar (Patient Services Representative II)-Trilingual Required positions in Admitting/Registration and Clinic Services. Under general supervision, incumbents perform general registration duties. These incumbents are responsible to interview patients to collect, verify, and document billing information related for each patient encounter and accurately enter the data into the information system. Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish as well as 1 or more of the listed languages (Mixteco, Triqui, Chatino, Zapateco). We are seeking individuals that are customer service oriented, have flexible schedules (some positions will require weekends, nights and holidays), self-motivated multi-task oriented, and have the ability to work individually and with team members to support various registration functions to achieve the highest quality possible. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Welcome and assist patients and visitors into Clinics, Hospital Admitting or Emergency Department registration areas.
- Use system to schedule patient appointments, obtain prior eligibility and insurance authorization, enter information and documents into computer system correctly and timely, provide data to the business office.
- Screen/Interview patients to obtain necessary new or updated information, including legal name referencing acceptable related to patient identification, payor sources, employment and other information, for hospital pre-admissions and admissions, clinic services, laboratory and diagnostic services, pharmacy and emergency treatment or other outpatient services; and screen and refer patients to publicly-funded payor programs for eligibility evaluation.
- Understand Trauma procedures and follow state and federal hospital compliance guidelines along with hospital and department policies when preparing hospital admission packets, outpatient packets, newborn packets, and OB pre-registration packets, other pre-registrations; assist patients with completion of forms and paperwork requiring patient signatures, collect valid demographic and insurance information, etc. and file accordingly.
- Promote patient safety by safeguarding and keeping the integrity of patient medical records utilizing a computerized patient registration system, and preparing patient identification bands per Natividad's policy.
- Contact insurance payors to verify patient eligibility, if required request pre-certification and authorization for services and/or admission, evaluate and collect missing signatures and/or additional insurance data, lien, and release information prior to patient discharge.
- Report and document patient concerns and non-compliance behavior immediately to supervisor/manager.
- Collect deposits, issue receipts, balance and deposit cash daily to the designated area; and maintain change fund log daily by verifying cash and signing cash log between all shifts.
- Obtain and know how to read and process admission orders and account requests from labor and delivery, HAN, physicians, and nursing staff.
- Utilize appropriate email distributions to communicate possible identity theft, duplicate medical records, etc.
Working knowledge of:
Patient admission and registration procedures and requirements required for patient screening, pre-admission and admission; requirements and procedure of the variety of payor sources encountered in order to determine patient eligibility; operations and requirements of an admission and registration computer system typical to hospitals or clinics; publicly funded payor sources and program enrollment; medical terminology usage and spelling in order to complete pertinent registration and admission documents; general office procedures, filing and keyboard operation and medical terminology, medical billing, coding, medical software, CPT codes, and ICD-9 codes; Alphabetical filing in order to file and retrieve patient records; basic arithmetic in order to compute fees and make correct change; define insurance terminology; problem solving skills; basic spelling; 10 key by touch; customer service; listen and communicate effectively to assist, screen, or determine reasons for visit.
Skill and ability to:
Interview individuals and obtain comprehensive and accurate information under unpleasant or urgent circumstances; operate a computerized admitting/registration system rapidly and accurately; prepare and process forms and paperwork; prepare and maintain patient files and records; perform basic arithmetic calculations related to deposits and totaling cash log, problem solve and basic spelling; Communicate effectively in 2 or more of the listed languages (Mixteco, Triqui, Chatino, Zapateco); establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with staff and other County departments; communicate verbally with patients and coworkers in a clear and effective manner in a noisy waiting room environment; and effectively communicate in writing in order to document patient registration and admission information. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST:Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website