PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Friday, October 25, 2019 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. (Applications received after this date will be reviewed on an as-needed basis until the position has been filled) The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future per-diem and permanent positions as vacancies arise. (Faxes and postmarks will not be accepted). Exam# 19/70M02/10CR
Natividad Medical Center is currently seeking to fill two (2) temporary, non benefited Patient Transporter positions. This incumbent, under supervision, provides transportation for patients', including safe movement to and from medical procedures, nursing units, discharges or other services; incumbent will use a variety of transportation resources including wheelchairs, carts, and beds, ensuring the proper, safe, timely and accurate transport of patients and/or patient related items to their destinations.
- Ensures the proper, safe, timely, and accurate transport of patients and/or patient related items to their destinations;
- Responds and completes all transport requests in accordance with established protocol;
- Verifies correct patient identification by comparing information from notification of request to patient wristband;
- Alerts nursing staff immediately to any signs of patient distress or equipment malfunction;
- Consults with nursing personnel before lifting and transferring patient and obtains assistance when necessary;
- In accordance with the transportation of patients, utilizes wheelchairs, gurneys, and other approved rolling stock to carry out the transport of patients;
- Completes transport and notifies dispatcher when assignments are initiated, completed, delayed or cancelled and when requested by the transport coordinator;
- Collects and returns wheelchairs and stretchers to the proper holding areas and makes up stretchers upon completion;
- Notifies nursing personnel, clinician, technician, or receptionist upon arrival with patient;
- Disinfects transport equipment before and after use; reports equipment needing repairs;
- Develops and promotes positive, effective customer service relations with patient, patients' family members, visitors and staff;
- Makes written entries in logs, patient medical record and other records as required;
- Understands and applies knowledge of basic patient transport concepts, infection control practices, and proper body mechanics;
- Maintains traction storage room and equipment;
- Participates in the orientation of other staff as assigned; performs other related duties as required.
Required Certification: Possession of a valid CPR/BLS certificate from approved provider or ability to obtain prior to start of employment is required.
Working Knowledge of:
- Written and verbal English communication sufficient to effectively perform the typical tasks;
- Methods, materials, and equipment commonly used in maintaining appropriate levels of cleanliness/sanitation and safety in housekeeping, and patient care/transport.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time and exercise a moderate amount of physical exertion, stamina, and manual dexterity in the handling of patients and equipment;
- Assist, support, lift and transfer patients and/or heavy objects;
- Learn and utilize the approved methods of cleaning and caring for equipment;
- Learn and utilize proper body mechanics when lifting and transferring patients;
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions; clearly communicate in English in written and verbal forms;
- Engage in appropriate conversation involving the patient;
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships and prioritize work assignments in conjunction with other team members;
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public, and with technical and professional personnel;
- Learn, understand and apply basic concepts of patient confidentiality, privacy, security and release of patient information;
- Problem solve and recognize problems requiring referral to others;
One year of general patient-care experience in a hospital, clinic, or medical office environment. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION:A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Friday, October 25, 2019 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the NMC Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST:Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Apply on company website