Application materials will be reviewed every two (2) weeks until position is filled. Please allow two (2) weeks for processing of all application materials after the priority screening date. The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted) (Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam#21/50A21/01CR.
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent, full-time and Per-Diem Pharmacist I's. This incumbent performs professional pharmaceutical work in compounding and dispensing prescriptions and drugs; maintain pharmacy records and documents; and perform related work as required. Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Assesses appropriateness of, and completeness of prescriptions and medication orders
- Dispense pharmaceuticals in the Outpatient and/or Inpatient setting accurately and correctly according to BOP requirements. Provides answers to distributive questions
- Provides medication consultation to other health care providers and patients
- Checks in/out controlled substances correctly, and maintains an accurate paper trail
- Work with nurses, physicians, and other health care providers to ensure optimal patient care
- Reviews medication utilization of patients and monitors drug therapy when prescribed
- Reviews and checks orders from clinics and other outside entities
- Participates in training programs for other health care providers
- Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures
- Participates and maintains quality assurance records; participates in performance improvement activities, as required
- Participates on departmental and medical center committees
- Initiates, adjusts and discontinues medication per protocol
- Performs antimicrobial stewardship activities to ensure proper use of antimicrobials
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE will have a proven track record demonstrating the following
Will have proven track record demonstrating his/her knowledge of:
Drugs, chemicals, poisons and pharmaceutical supplies; proper procedures involved in compounding and dispensing prescriptions and pharmaceutical preparations; Federal and State laws related to the dispensing and use of narcotics, poisons and drugs.
Will have the skills and ability to:
Compound prescriptions and stock pharmaceutical preparations; maintain accurate records regarding prescriptions orders and stock inventory; prepare clear and concise reports; provide excellent courteous customer services; and establish and maintain effective working relations with hospital personnel, patients, the public and others contacted during the course of work.
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
License and Certificates: Must possess a valid license to practice as a Pharmacist in the State of California and a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION:A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.Natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process
3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, physical ability exam, or written examination.
4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website