Position PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Monday, December 16, 2019 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise.
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent full time, part time, and per diem Physical Therapist positions. Under general direction, these incumbents develop, implement, and document medically prescribed physical therapy programs to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of a body part; assists patients tin reaching maximum performance Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Evaluate patients referred by physicians to determine type and extent of treatment; administer diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests
- Plan and evaluate physical therapy treatment program and set appropriate goals and objective; supervise the treatment of patients
- Administer and treat patients by directing and aiding patients in active and passive exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training; apply modalities such as massage, heat, water, ultrasound and electricity; adapt conventional physical therapy techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises; direct patients in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, and crutches
- Document records and prepare reports on patients' treatment and progress; prepare discharge summaries; participate in quality assurance activities
- Coordinate with other rehabilitative sections regarding patient treatment
- Provide functional supervision of Physical Therapy Helpers and student interns assisting in the treatment of patients; train paraprofessional staff members
- Attend in-service training sessions; provide training to medical and nursing personnel in physical therapy techniques and objectives
Required Licensure: Possession of a valid Physical Therapist license issued by the State of California or the ability to obtain one prior to start date. (Please ensure the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source.)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Thorough knowledge of:
- Principles, modalities, methods, and equipment of modern physical therapy techniques
- Anatomy, physiology, neuro-muscular functions, dysfunctions, and kinesiology; pathologies and injuries that result in physical impairment
- Evaluation and treatment methodologies as applied to complex patients
- Regulatory practice requirements
- Proper use and care of orthopedic equipment and appliances
- Utilization management, charging protocols and regulatory compliance
- Clinical supervision and clinical instruction
- Develop, implement and adapt treatment programs
- Administer physical therapy treatments and exercises
- Analyze, evaluate and draw logical conclusions from data
- Read, understand and interpret written instructions, such as physician's order, instructions for therapy and the use of equipment
- Communicate orally in order to instruct staff, patients and their families
- Act as lead to Physical Therapy Assistants and Helpers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families, and with hospital staff
- Maintain quality control in work performance
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of work performed
- Prioritize and organize work flow in an effective manner
- Observe safety precautions related to the work
- Work shifts including weekends and holidays
- Work around potentially hazardous and infectious substances/diseases
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Education: One year of experience performing duties as a registered Physical Therapist Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION:A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Monday, December 16, 2019 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST:Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
If you are hired into this classification in a Per-diem position your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.The Occupational Therapist Per-Diem salary rate is: 47.248 - $64.533 per hour.
Apply on company website