Position APPLICATIONS WILL BE SCREENED ON A REGULAR BASIS UNTIL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED. DESCRIPTION
Natividad is seeking to fill permanent, part-time and per-diem Interventional Radiologist openings in the Interventional Radiology Department.
This incumbent performs routine and highly specialized diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures on patients as ordered by physicians for diagnostic and treatment purposes and performs other related duties as assigned.Exam# 18/50R21/12CR
Interventional Radiologists candidates hired into permanent positions will receive a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus. Examples of Duties
- Prepares and positions patients for a variety of diagnostic x-ray procedures; fluoroscopy examinations, computed tomography and/ or magnetic resonance imaging.
- Determines the correct exposure factors on the basis of height, weight, portion of the body involved, and degree of penetration required.
- Selects appropriate grids, and filters to reduce secondary radiation and fogging.
- Sets machine controls for the required number and types of images.
- Completes imaging study and sends all images to PACS.
- Follows all protocols for imaging procedures.
- Demonstrates principles of Sterile Technique and knowledge and skill in use of specialty equipment specific to Interventional Radiological procedures (guidewires, catheters, sheaths, coils).
- Demonstrates concepts of hemostasis.
- Utilizes a variety of computerized and manual systems to set up/perform examinations and maintain information; records patient information, patient identification numbers, and the number/type of views taken; maintains logs and work-related statistics; assists with maintaining and checking the PACS system.
- Operates CT and/or MRI scanning equipment; may perform routine mammograms; provides routine assistance during fluoroscopy examinations.
- May provide routine assistance with diagnostic imaging examinations involving angiography, arthrography, myelography, bone density and other special procedures.
- Participates in the implementation of effective quality control and quality assurance processes.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and other documents as assigned; gathers and tabulates workload data; utilizes standard office administrative tools, including computers, to facilitate communication and work efficiency.
- Helps clean and maintain diagnostic imaging equipment; provides input to management regarding the need for new equipment and supplies.
- Communicates effectively with Radiologist as well as the ordering provider to ensure the highest quality images are obtained for each patient.
Experience: One year of experience preferred performing diagnostic imaging examinations, interventional radiological or radiologic cardiovascular examinations in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must have required the performance of standard x-ray procedures. Some familiarity with bone density, CT scan, MRI, fluoroscopy and mammography procedures is desirable.
Thorough Knowledge of: Basic theories and principles pertaining to a wide variety of diagnostic imaging procedures including x-ray, interventional radiology (IR), fluoroscopy, bone density, computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging and mammography procedures; standard methods and techniques pertaining to imaging procedures; the operation and care of standard radiology equipment and the methods of positioning patients for examinations; medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology necessary to perform diagnostic imaging procedures; routine functions and activities of an acute care hospital diagnostic imaging unit, including standard procedures, materials and equipment; and safety requirements of a hospital diagnostic imaging unit, including the appropriate use of universal precautions.
Working Knowledge of: Methods of explaining diagnostic imaging procedures to patients and providing customer service in a health care environment; the use of operation and care of radiographic equipment and specialty equipment specific to Interventional Radiological procedures (guidewires, catheters, sheaths, coils). Concepts of hemostasis. Basic hospital and nursing care procedures; the operation and care of radiographic equipment; structural and organic anatomy; and the principles and methods of the PACS System.
Skill and Ability to: Perform a wide variety of standard x-ray procedures; position patients for a variety of diagnostic imaging examinations and procedures; operate and maintain standard x-ray and related diagnostic imaging equipment; maintain safe working conditions by complying with established safety policies and procedures; communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and other medical professionals; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; prepare reports and other written communications; and provide sensitive and competent service to customers who may be anxious or in substantial distress. Additional Information WORKING CONDITIONS
During the course of work incumbents may come in contact with infectious organisms and other potentially hazardous substances.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment and background check. Incumbents Must be willing and available for shift, weekend, holiday, emergency and on-call work; must be able to arrive at work, while on-call, within thirty minutes of receiving a notice of call-back may be required to work shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; optional resume and copy of required license/certifications can be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@Natividad.com – allow three (3) weeks for processing of application materials. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials please contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. 2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. 3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, physical ability exam, or written examination. 4.ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
• If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.• • If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary range is $44.235- $60.415 per hour and you will not be eligible for the benefits
Apply on company website