Position Applications are reviewed on a continuous basis to fill permanent and per-diem openings as vacancies arise. DESCRIPTION
Natividad is seeking a Sonographer to perform diagnostic medical procedures to determine OB/GYN, abdominal, and vascular conditions using ultrasound imaging modalities, medical apparatus and supplies. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Examines patients using ultrasound equipment; plans exams by reviewing medical charts.
- Reviews and evaluates results of exams and gives preliminary reports to the Radiologist.
- Organizes daily workload of the Ultrasound Department.
- Performs routine maintenance on complex electronic medical equipment used in ultrasonography.
- Performs correct infection control procedures on diagnostic equipment and while scanning a patient.
- Selects proper transducer and applies correct setting for each specific exam to optimize the images.
- Maintains detailed records by completing sonographer's findings accurately and completely including applicable medical history in established timeframe.
- Follows established protocols for scanning patients.
- Follows critical findings policy by documenting and notifying appropriate provider.
- Utilizes images from previous exam as a reference for comparison.
- Uses proper ergonomic position while using ultrasound equipment.
- Reviews patient's orders to ensure correct exam for patient complaint and clarify the order with physician, if needed.
- Completes ultrasound exams within established timeframe.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working Knowledge of: Principles, practices and techniques used in ultrasonography; human anatomy and physiology necessary to perform ultrasound exams; medical terminology related to the administration and evaluation of ultrasound examinations and equipment: Electronic healthcare software and systems used.
Will have the skills and ability to: Operate ultrasound equipment; maintain detailed record of patient examinations; communicate effectively with patients, physicians and other medical professionals; sit for prolonged periods of time; assist patients on and off the exam tables; share in on-call responsibilities; see, hear and interpret visual displays and sounds from the ultrasonography equipment; provide excellent and courteous customer service, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families and others contacted during the course of work.
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Successful completion of a course of study leading to certification as a registered sonographer.
One year working with patients in a hospital or clinic.
Additional Information WORKING CONDITIONS
During the course of work, incumbents at Natividad may come in contact with infectious organisms and other potentially hazardous substances.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application must be submitted. On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; optional resume and copy of required license(s) may be attached to online application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@Natividad.com Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, please contact the NMC HR Office at (831) 783-2700, Monday-Friday, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, physical ability exam, or written examination. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.The Sonographer per-diem salary rate is $54.243-$74.043 per hour
Apply on company website