Priority Screening Date: Monday, October 14, 2019 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled. Allow up to (2) weeks for processing of all application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted) Exam#19/50G41/09CR.
Natividad is currently seeking a Speech Pathologist (SLP) –Trainee. Under direction this incumbent will provide professional speech pathology diagnostic and treatment services to patients with communication, voice and swallowing disorders. The SLP – Trainee, under direction develops, implements and documents treatment plans and goals designed to meet inpatient and outpatient needs including Neonatal Intensive Care Infants and Pediatric patients.
****While in trainee status the incumbent will be paid the salary listed above, which is 10% below step 1 of the Speech Pathologist salary range. Upon successful completion of the trainee requirements the incumbent will be placed at step 1 of the Speech Pathologist salary range (34.097/hr.) ***
Examples of Duties
THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Provide comprehensive communication and/or swallowing rehabilitation case management which includes the diagnostic evaluation of a broad range of patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders to determine and provide the optimum therapy for correction, rehabilitation, or referral to another service.
- Develop and implement appropriate treatment plans for patients that include specific treatment methods, duration and frequency of treatment, and goals.
- Interpret and analyze findings of speech, language, cognitive and swallowing disabilities to determine therapy diagnosis and prognosis.
- Coordinate treatment programs with physicians, nurses, professional and para-professional staff in the inpatient and outpatient departments of the hospital.
- Perform indirect patient care duties such as communication and coordination of care with the patient, family, caregivers, and other professionals, conference reporting, documentation, and charging according to procedures.
- Maintain accurate records and written reports.
- Participate in continuing education/staff development and competency requirements and other hospital and professional requirements, as required.
REQUIRED LICENSE: Pursuant to Division 2 Chapter 5.3 Article 3 Section 2532 of the Business and Professions code, possession of a valid license to practice Speech Therapy from the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board of California ****The SLP Trainee must obtain this required CA SLP license
no later than 12 months from date of hire)****
When the training period is complete, a successful SLP Trainee will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Thorough knowledge of:
- Current principles, methods, theory and practices of Speech Therapy
- Pathologies and injuries that result in physical disabilities speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disabilities
- Regulatory practice requirements
- Evaluation and treatment methodologies as applied to complex patients
- Code of Ethics and performance standards as outlined by the American
- Basic understanding of the business aspects of therapy services; such as utilization management, charging practices and regulatory compliance
- Anatomy and physiology related to treatment
- Standard billing, reimbursement and reporting practices common to the health care industry, including those pertaining to Medi-Cal and Medicare
- Evaluate patients, interpret clinical data and make clinical judgments
- Apply advanced clinical skills in treating difficult and complex cases
- Develop, implement and adapt treatment programs
- Write clearly and concisely
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff, and other health professionals
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with others
- Efficiently manage time and priorities
- Demonstrate appropriate patient handling skills.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; optional resume and copy of required license/certifications can be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@Natividad.com – allow two (2) weeks for processing of application materials. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials please contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website