Natividad accepts applications for ACUTE CARE experienced Staff Nurse II on a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and per-diem vacancies in the following departments: ARU, ED, MSU/IMC, Float Pool, ICU, IR, Info Systems, MIU, Lactation, L&D, PEDS, NICU, OR, OPSS, PACU, Radiology, Nursing Admin (Resource RN). Natividad offers a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent Full Time Resource RN position in Nursing Administration. Applications are screened on a weekly basis. Exam#19/52A19/09CR
Staff Nurse II's are expected to work at the full scope of their licensure, performing both clinical and leadership responsibilities under minimum supervision.
- Assesses, plans, organizes and provides nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with physician instructions.
- Makes preliminary observation of and prepares patients for medical treatment; assists physicians in administering treatments and in performing medical examinations, diagnostic tests and surgical questions; administers prescribed treatments and medications to patients.
- Serves as a resource person and provides orientation and training to new staff, residents, medical and nursing students.
- Charts treatments of patients; records and reports significant changes in condition and general progress of patient.
- Instructs patients in carrying our physician's orders (discharge teaching).
Required Licensure: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain a CA RN License prior to employment is required.
You may be eligible to receive educational pay if you possess a BSN or MSN (highly desirable)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD DEMONSTRATING THE FOLLOWING:
Thorough knowledge of: Due to the considerable difference in patient profiles, work conditions and responsibilities, each of the clinical areas require a distinct mix of knowledge, skills and abilities. Applicants must possess a combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrate competency in the appropriate mixture of qualifications. current theory; principles; techniques and procedures used in professional nursing, medical terminology, instruments and equipment; routines typical to an acute care hospital and/or outpatient clinic; uses and effects of medicines and narcotics; Federal, State, and local laws and regulations which govern the nursing practice; and current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with an area of specialization.
Working knowledge of: Safety policies and procedures related to nursing; community resources available to provide patient care and follow-up; computer applications related to nursing; principles and practices of quality assurance.
Skill and ability to: Perform the full range of staff nursing duties and responsibilities; plan and organize nursing plans for patients; keep abreast of developments in area of nursing specialization. Prepare and maintain records and reports; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients and fellow employees; communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other hospital employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Must be willing to work all shifts and float to other hospital units when requested. during the course of work incumbents may come in contact with infectious organisms and other potentially hazardous substances.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Vision which can be corrected to a level sufficient to successfully read & interpret physicians; orders, administer medications & treatments, assess changes in patient status & interpret colors; manual dexterity to apply treatments, perform medical examinations and manipulate equipment; physical ability to lift, bend and move patients equipment; ability to respond rapidly to emergency critical situations; hearing which can be corrected to a level sufficient to successfully hear and interpret physiologic sounds, such as breath and bowel sounds.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Incumbents will be required to possess a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The County of Monterey offers an excellent benefits package, please view Unit S's Benefit Summary Sheet at: http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel/benefits/summary/2017/S-Benefits%20Summary%20Sheet%2003-2017.pdf **REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
APPLICATION SUBMISSION:A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST:Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
If you are hired into this classification in a Per-diem position your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.The Staff Nurse II Per-diem salary rate is: 59.499 - $81.219 per hour.
Apply on company website