PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 11:59pm. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until position is filled. Please allow two (2) weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted) Exam#20/70F23/08CR.
POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking to fill a full time permanent Storekeeper position in the Materials Management Department. Under direction, this incumbent participates in the requisition, receipt, storage and delivery of records, equipment, materials and supplies and does other work as required.
Examples of Duties
- Participates in the operation of the hospital's Materials Management Department, including requisitioning, receiving, storing, taking inventory and issuing supplies.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies to keep adequate stock on hand; requisitions special items as requested.
- Receives and inspects supplies; checks supplies against invoices or bills of lading for proper quality and quantity; checks items for damage; notifies vendor or transportation company of any discrepancies.
- Assists in recording supply cost allocations and in preparing budget estimates for supplies as needed.
- Pulls and prepares supplies for delivery to hospital departments; keeps warehouse clean and orderly.
- Inputs various data into automated computer system relevant to supply orders. Uses database for locating supplies; transmits requisition data into automated computer system.
- Unpacks, stores, and organizes supplies in accordance with specified guidelines and procedures;
- Follows established methods and procedures on supply ordering and delivery; keeps accurate records and maintains appropriate files.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working knowledge of: the methods used in the receipt, storage, and issuance or delivery of a wide variety of goods.
Skill and Ability to: estimate future medical supply requirements; keep accurate records and exercise control over store issue; understand and carry out written and oral directions; establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work; lift and otherwise physically handle or move heavy or bulky objects weighing up to 50 lbs; learn to operate and gain a working knowledge of fork lifts and other materials handling equipment used in a store facility.
Working Knowledge of: stock record and MMIS inventory systems and understanding Medical Supplies and how lot numbers and expiration dates can effect patient care.
Some Knowledge of: operating a forklift and other materials handling equipment used in a store facility. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted by the Priority Screening Date of: Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 11:59pm. On-line applications may be submitted at: www.natividad.com; optional resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: Garciadl@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website